RSS Feed

Thursday Thoughts

12

December 18, 2014 by Katie

1. Longest week ever!!!! I cannot WAIT until next week – CHRISTMAS!!! I’m leaving Tuesday night to spend Christmas in …
keep reading


All The Feelings

8

December 17, 2014 by Katie

I know I’m not alone when I say that the dreary winter weather can get me down. I know we all struggle with different things throughout our lives and have various stressors that may turn a good mood into a bad one or a good day into a not so good day.

When I’m feeling down I get a lot of comfort from words – particularly good quotes. I love turning to my Pinterest boards to find things that encourage me or make me feel less alone. Today I wanted to share some good ones so that if you or a friend need some encouragement in the coming weeks, you’ve got a plethera of good quotes to turn to. All of these and more can be found on my Pinterest Boards.


Assume The Best Intentions

14

December 16, 2014 by Katie

Last week I attended a training in which we were asked to be open about our truth right at that moment – that we needed to create a “safe space” where people can speak without feeling like they are going to be judged or attacked. One of our rules for the discussion was to assume that everything someone says is said with the best intentions.


Over Your Oats #5

10

December 14, 2014 by Katie

Life Eyore: A Pessimists Guide to a Beautiful Life 27 Lessons I’ve Learned At 27 A Few Changes for a …
keep reading


Thursday Thoughts

10

December 11, 2014 by Katie

1. Remember last week when I put together that survey for charitable giving? Well here are the results! The majority of people give to a nonprofit, church or school. Giving size ranged from $10 to tens of thousands! You are an impressive bunch!

donations

2. How is it not Friday yet? Anyone else with me on this one? I legitimately thought it was Friday when I woke up this morning.


My Holiday Wish List

20

December 10, 2014 by Katie

I love gift guides and seeing people’s holiday wish lists because it gives me great ideas of things to get for my friends. I thought it would be fun to share what’s on my wish list in case you’re looking for any ideas for friends, sisters, etc.

1. A Passion Planner:


Over Your Oats #4

14

December 8, 2014 by Katie

Fitness 12 Days of Home Workouts Fast Paced Upper Body Workout 25 Reps of Christmas Workout My Top 3 Exercises …
keep reading


Thursday Thoughts

22

December 4, 2014 by Katie

1. Guess what? MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE! For at least two years I’ve been trying to figure out how to become a Love Grown Ambassador – and I finally got an invitation! I’m so excited to be a part of their ambassador group and I can’t wait to share all the greatness of Love Grown with you!

2. Has this not felt like the longest week ever? I’m sure that whole Thanksgiving weekend thing had something to do with it… But only two more full weeks of work and then I’m off to Colorado for Christmas!!!


Do You Give to Charity? A Survey

0

December 3, 2014 by Katie

I went to a fundraising training for work this morning and one thing I learned is that 70% of individuals in the United States make some sort of donation to a nonprofit organization. I was actually shocked by this number – my first thought was, what are the other 30% thinking?! Maybe it was how I was raised, but making donations, whether completely random when I hear about a cause that interests me, or to an organization with personal ties such as a school I went to, has always been a part of my life.

So, I wanted to put together a little survey to get an idea of whether people around my age demographic (my readership seems to vary from teenagers to middle aged, and then my dad and grandparents…) give and why or why not. I would REALLY appreciate you filling out this super quick survey, and of course I will share the results!..


It’s Okay to Be Mad at God

8

December 2, 2014 by Katie

During one of the first few months of my small group, back in January or February, I remember an evening that we were discussing our reading and my small group leader asked us if we are ever mad at God? Of course at first we all shied away from answering, but after she shared her own stories of yelling at Him, many others did too.

Life usually doesn’t go the way we want it to. Horrible things happen to wonderful people. This world that we live in here on earth is a tumultuous place filled with good, but plenty of evil as well.


!

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 101 other subscribers

PicMonkey Photo editing made of win
Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Post Archives

December 2014
M T W T F S S
« Nov    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
FitFluential Is Fitness Found
I'm Attending Blend
Chicago Blogger Network