December 6, 2013 by Katie
Well hey there! A little late today? I wasn’t going to post but today is Operation Beautiful in the Elf for Health Challenge (read more about it here), and it inspired me to send you all a little something to brighten your day.
From the Operation Beautiful Website:
“The goal of the Operation Beautiful website is to end negative self-talk or “Fat Talk.” If this little blog only does one productive thing, I hope it helps readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is — it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
Through my own experiences fighting Fat Talk, I’ve realized the power behind an anonymous act such as Operation Beautiful. When I post a note, I’m saying, “I CHOOSE to be positive!”
I began Operation Beautiful by leaving positive messages on the mirrors of public restrooms — at work, at the gym, at the grocery store. I scribble down
Category Uncategorized | Tags:
December 5, 2013 by Katie
AH! Can you believe it’s Thursday already? I can’t. I guess that’s what happens when you miss Monday! Since it’s Thursday, I think it’s time for another rendition of Thursday Thoughts!
1. I’ve picked out TWO Christmas trees this week, neither of which was for me! Well, one is for me to enjoy eventually. First I went with my mom on Monday and then my brother and sister-in-law last night. Like the city folk we all seem to be now, there was no tree farm involved. Just a nursery or Home Depot…
Category Thursday Thoughts | Tags:
December 4, 2013 by Katie
Although I intended to only have two parts, I realized I had more thoughts on the topic than I had anticipated, so I added another part to my Tips for New Bloggers series! If you missed them, be sure to check out Part 1 and Part 2. Today’s part in the series is going to focus on how to get more readers. I know I said in Part 1 that you shouldn’t care about how many readers you have – but I definitely know how it feels to be writing every day and feeling like there’s no one reading (except for your Dad – thanks Dad!), so here are some ideas to get your blog out there!
tips for new bloggers
1. Post links to Twitter and Facebook: I get a lot of my daily site visits directly from Twitter and Facebook, so I always make sure to post links to my blog posts each day on both Facebook and Twitter, usually several spaced out during the day. To do this without having to be attached to my computer…
December 3, 2013 by Katie
The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Mizuno
I mentioned yesterday that on Thanksgiving, my dad and I did our third Turkey Trot 5K together. What I didn’t mention was the shoes I wore!
I had the opportunity to try out the new Mizuno Wave Rider 17 shoes and since I loved the Mizunos that I ran in last year I jumped at the chance.
What I loved most about the shoes was how light they were. I’m used to a heaver shoe and when I first ran in these it didn’t feel like I had heavy shoes on my feet. I must be really smart because I later found out that these are Mizuno’s lightest Wave Rider shoe that they’ve made!
December 2, 2013 by Katie
Well hello there! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I’ve been in Kansas City for almost a week now, and I’m heading back to Chicago this afternoon! It’s been quite a weekend and I got to spend a lot of time with family and friends so I haven’t been on my computer or taking many pictures, but I do have a few to share!
On Thursday I did the Turkey Trot 5K with my Dad (more to come later):
And that evening we headed to my cousins’ for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom and I realized we were almost outfit twins!
November 27, 2013 by Katie
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! That should be a holiday, right? Anyway, I’m headed home to Kansas City today so I thought I’d put together a quick One Word Wednesday post for you!
So what is One Word Wednesday? In Lindsay’s words:
The only rule of “One Word Wednesday” is that you must label your pictures with one word. And it MUST be the first word that comes to mind (and yes, you can put two words together, hashtag-style if need be). If you can’t play by those rules, you probably should just sit this one out. Yeah. That’d probably be best.
Category one word wednesday | Tags:
November 26, 2013 by Katie
Round two! If you missed it, check out Part 1 of my Tips for New Bloggers series! This week I’m going to be hitting on how to set up your blog!
tips for new bloggers
1. Pick a platform: When I first started writing my blog I used Blogger. Blogger is very user friendly, free and was very easy for me to set up. A few months in, however, I decided to switch to Wordpress.com since many other bloggers used it, I felt like I had more options, and I knew I could buy my own domain name eventually and easily make the move on Wordpress. Also free!
November 25, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for Thanksgiving! I can’t believe I’ll be going home in two days! Here’s a look at what I did this weekend:
Thursday night was skeeball, which was a blast, and then Friday night I was invited to a Friendsgiving Dinner hosted by a girl on my skeeball team. She lives near Chinatown so this is the scene I was greeted with when I got off the El:
We had a great variety of food (I made cranberry sauce) and it was a lot of fun to get to know a new group of women. I didn’t take any photos since my camera was about to die, but I stole this pic from the hostess’s facebook:
November 22, 2013 by Katie
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!! I’m pretty pumped about this weekend because I’m slowly accumulating a social calendar! Last night was Skeeball, tonight I’m probably heading to a Friendsgiving (put on by a fellow skeeballer), tomorrow I’m heading out to Evanston with Kelsey and Lindsay, and then Sunday includes church and a potential coffee date. Relaxed, but fun.
Today I thought I’d put together another Link Love post since it’s been a while, and since it’s Friday, I’m going to link up with Clare’s Friday Five link up! She’s always done the posts but now she’s starting a link up, which I love!
November 21, 2013 by Katie
Oh gosh, I can’t believe it’s already Thursday!? What happened to this week??? Well, guess that means it’s time for another Thursday Thoughts!
1. Anyone else still an America’s Next Top Model fan? I’ve been watching ANTM since the very first season, and I have to say I LOVED that they added boys to the competition this year. I just watched the finale and I have to say I was really happy about the winner, if you watch – what did you think?
2. Did I mentioned I’ve joined a Skeeball league? It’s with the same league I played kickball with this summer, just indoors! Don’t know what skeeball is? I had to…
Category Thursday Thoughts | Tags: