Hey Everyone! Sorry for being MIA yesterday, but it was family weekend time and balancing just hanging out with my family and trying to get some studying done, I didn’t have much for the blog! But no worries, I found several interesting tidbits that I wanted to share throughout the weekend:
1. I finally got to try the Blueberry Muffin Larabar flavor! I’d heard some rave reviews about the flavor and found it at Trader Joes the week before I headed home. So good!!! Definitely try this flavor! It had blueberries in it and pieces of cashew, and I LOVE cashews!
2. My mom said she went to Whole Foods once and got completely overwhelmed and just left. I can understand… we went together and checked it out, and I showed her all the awesome gluten free products that exist! I got some Udi’s bread and made my breakfast out of it one morning: toast with PB and sliced banana. I really like this bread!
2. My mom and I also went to the Blue Bird Bistro here in Kansas City. We went there in August and I loved it because of their use of local vegetables and more “forward” menu when it comes to dietary restrictions. Their menu was different from August, since they base it around ingredients they can get. I saw online that they had a gluten free corn muffin, however when we got there they were out of one of the ingredients… Sad day. Guess I’ll just have to go back!
3. I made my own pumpkin pie dessert one night: canned pumpkin, almond milk, microwaved and cubed apple (about 30 sec), raisins, and cinnamon. Warm and delicious.
4. Can we discuss this??? This is my favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor (yes, I know chocolate has soy, yes I know this is a ton of processed white sugar… but I didn’t get pie). Anyway, I thought they had discontinued the froyo version of Phish Food! It’s not even on their website anymore! I freaked when I saw it at Whole Foods and had to get it! Just as delicious as I remembered…
5. On Friday evening I felt like going running but it was cold outside, so I hit the treadmill in our club’s gym and ran 7 miles. Just because I felt like it, not for training. I know this sounds silly, but I am so THANKFUL that I am at the point in my running where I can just run 7 miles because I feel like it and it’s not some epic long run. And the personal TVs on the treadmills didn’t hurt…
6. Saturday morning I went to Jazzercise class with my mom! I used to go to Jazzercise in college with my “twin” (sorority thing) Amy Lee and I encouraged my mom to start going in Kansas City. I LOVE going to class with her when I’m home because the instructors always have amusing things to say, it’s such a fun and upbeat way to workout, and my mom has made some friends who are always making hilarious comments throughout class.
7. I went to a cocktail party for a friend of mine who is pregnant and due in February. When I said goodbye to her (I won’t see her again until she has the baby) it was so weird! I felt like I was saying goodbye to the friend I know! She’ll be a different person, with a whole new person!
Was it weird for you when friends started having babies?
What’s your favorite type of exercise class?