March 23, 2012 by Katie
It’s Friday!!!! You made it! Anyone have big plans this weekend? Honestly, I just started thinking about what I’m doing this weekend aaaaaand, I literally have nothing planned. How did that happen? I feel like next weekend is beyond booked up and I’m overwhelmed just thinking about it, yet this weekend I’ve got nada. Maybe this means I should get a ton of work done this weekend? Ugh that just doesn’t sound fun though, does it?
Speaking of things to do, I’m super tempted to just go see The Hunger Games alone. I don’t have much time next weekend (I’ve got my half marathon, I’m going to see Legally Blonde the Musical, I have a doctor’s appointment in the suburbs and I might have a book club meeting. Oh, and school work). We’ll see…
Anyway, can you tell there are tons of things going through my mind? My head feels so scrambled full of thoughts right now that I just can’t write a coherent post. So today’s post is going to give you a look into some of the random thoughts running through my mind, Starting with the most important:
1. Check out my new phone background. Please, feel free to be jealous.
2. I went to Argo tea to get an iced coffee with almond milk (so good!) and they had samples of a new drink called the Teana Colada. Normally I can’t have their samples because they already have regular or soy milk in them (to new readers, I can’t have gluten, soy, pasteurized milk and white sugar) but he said he could add almond milk to the sample instead! Not only was this exciting in itself, but the drink was SO GOOD. If you live in Chicago, NY, St. Louis or Boston, go try it.
3. I haven’t had popchips in AGES but I saw them at CVS when I was looking for something to oomph up my mid-day snack and I decided I wanted to try a new flavor. Parmesan garlic was pretty good! I also tried the Chipotle Lime yesterday, which was good and a little spicy! But I’m such a parmesan lover…
4. I have been obsessed with making “fries” out of all other veggies. Zucchini, mushrooms (more like chips…) and carrots. Next up is eggplant and rutabaga!
5. I saw this super easy recipe for frozen yogurt covered blueberries on pinterest and had to try it. I had some yogurt, I had some blueberries, why not? They turned out good, but for some reason the yogurt tasted like it had an acidic flavor? I added vanilla rather than honey, maybe that’s why? Not sure… still cool and refreshing.
6. Check out Molly’s collar. My brother and sister-in-law met in their freshman year math class at MU. They’re big Mizzou fans. So, of course, Molly is too.
7. Molly has also decided to completely ignore the rule that she’s not allowed on the furniture. Her excuse? She’s concentrating on trying to get whatever is inside that bone (bone marrow???) out of it. Sometimes she holds the bone in her mouth so it looks like she has a giant tooth.
9. Speaking of Molly, my brother and sister-in-law are taking her with them this weekend. How cruel is that? I offered to keep her and they said no. Kidnapping may occur today while they are at work… I’m sure no one in my building would notice I have a dog, right?
8. I went on a quick walk around the block yesterday morning since it was supposed to rain all day (it never did until nighttime…) and I came across the stone wall in front of a building. It was so cool! There were pieces of ceramic in the wall and little windows and a cool door. So random!
9. Speaking of no rain, it was cool enough (although very humid) to take my 6 mile run outside yesterday afternoon. It was an awful run. I wanted to die. My legs were so sore and I could barely convince myself to keep moving below a 10 min/mile pace. Let’s just forget that ever happened…
10. SAVED BY THE BELL IS ON NETFLIX!!!!! Please tell me you all watched this show as religiously as I did (along with Full House and Home Improvement). Now it’s on instant streaming for Netflix! So much work will be done this weekend…
Are you scared yet? Those are just a few of the many things that have been going through my mind lately. The more serious ones include:
“This race next weekend may go badly. Very badly. Running in under 1:50:59 may have been a bit crazy for my first half, especially with my lack-luster training in the past couple of weeks”
“Why am I in law school?” I hope my parents enjoy that one. “WHAT DO I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE???”
“Can I find a career that utilizes my law degree but also involves nutrition and running and exercise and does not include sitting at a desk 9-5?” Basically, I think my dream job would involve fighting childhood obesity. Someone find a job for me that will be available in 18 months. K thanks.
“If I go get Fro Yo again, will the people at the store think I’m crazy? Maybe I should find another place and switch back and forth…” I went Sunday and Tuesday… Took all my strength not to go last night too.
What are some of the things running through your mind lately? I’d love to hear! Along with any job suggestions…