Hey everyone! It’s Thursday, which means my week (and my mind!) is winding down! Okay, so my mind isn’t winding down, it’s going crazy with all the things I need to do for the end of the year and finals. Why do teachers love putting all the big projects and presentations at the end of the semester, while I’m also trying to study for finals? I think it’s a conspiracy.
On that note, here are some random thoughts from the depths of my mind. Beware. I warned you.
1. I am trying to come up with some good healthy habits to try and stick with during the next few weeks (and hopefully beyond that!). One is to avoid anxiety eating, which is becoming more of a problem the closer finals get! Any suggestions? Another one is that every morning I try and do 100 crunches and 50 (girly) pushups right when I wake up. No, I don’t think it will give me rock hard abs, I just like that it gets my heart pumping and wakes me up!
2. I am obsessed with new nail colors. I will try anything at this point. Which is interesting, because all Fall semester I did not wear a single color on my nails. Now I can’t get enough!
3. Do you think these would be acceptable attire for a government internship this summer? I could just pretend that I’m heading out to save the environment after work? Yes? Okay good. PS, Nike, if you need more athletes to sponsor, give me a call. I live in these shorts and could use a few more pairs…
4. I love Chocolate Covered Katie. God bless her for making single-lady recipes, especially this new carrot cake one. I looooove carrot cake!
5. I was reading an article in Marie Claire that featured an interview with Amanda Beard, an Olympic Swimmer. One thing that really struck me was that when asked about being photographed, Beard talked about how after photo shoots the editors would completely change her, taking off inches from her body, wrinkles and complexion errors. She told the interviewer that seeing those photos made her feel like that is what she should look like.
Is that not crazy!?!!? We all see these images in magazines and even though we know they are airbrushed, we still think to ourselves: “that’s how I should look, that’s what’s beautiful.” But to hear that she saw her own picture, knowing full well that it was edited and how much it was edited, and still thought that way was crazy to me. It’s amazing what social media can do to our minds! Something to think about…
6. I cannot get enough of the Hunger Games. I want to see the movie again. And again. And again. Who wants to come with?
7. Check out my friend, Bailey’s, blog: The Fit Philanthropist. She’s also a runner and is getting back in the game by training for a half marathon. She lives in Kansas City and is basically awesome. Mostly because she loves Harry Potter, running, wine, Manchego cheese and Yogurtini. Can’t go wrong.
8. Remember how I said I wanted to get a desk/rearrange my apartment? Well there have been a lot of other things that I’ve been wanting to invest my money in (race registrations, a possible trip to CA to visit a friend and her new baby, necessary new clothes for my job this summer, etc) that spending $100 or more on a desk seems a bit much. So… while I contemplate how much I need it/look for a super cheap option, please take a look at my new Janky Desk:
Yep. That is boxes and a lap desk. Be jealous. I plan to use it to study and to maybe start up drawing again. Someone told me that it’s important to have “me” time where I don’t focus on training, school, food or to-do lists but just meditate with myself. One of the things I want to do to help with this is get back into drawing and painting, which used to be a big part of my life! I mean, who couldn’t relax with that view!?
I will let you know approximately how many seconds it takes for Janky Desk to fall apart.
May the odds be ever in Janky Desk’s favor.
What do you think about the Amanda Beard interview?
If you could be sponsored by any company, what would it be?
What’s a good habit you want to start?