May 17, 2012 by Katie
Good morning everyone! You’re almost done with the week! Personally, I’m trying to slow time down! Each day passed means one day less of my vacation! I had a very busy and hectic day yesterday, and loved it! I ran 6 miles, took my mom to the golf, went to a coffee shop to read a little, ran some errands, had a loooong lunch with my grandparents (awful service and gluten issues…), ran more errands, tried to rest for 2 hours, and then went to Drag Queen Bingo!!! (more on that another day… just wanted to tease you).
But I love Thursday because it’s time for Thursday Thoughts! And I always have plenty…
1. My first week home I had Apple Pie Oats every single day for breakfast. On Mother’s Day when we had omelets, I had it for lunch. I am officially burnt out.
2. This quote really hit home for me. All this spring I’ve been worrying about where I want to live when I finish law school. What’s the perfect city? Where will I fit in the best, be the happiest? This quote reminds me that wherever I am I can make it home, make it the best place for me.
3. I love these wrap ideas I found on pinterest – they are great combinations that I could use to put in a wrap, or even make as a salad with quinoa or brown rice added! I think they’ll be great for brining lunch to my internship this summer.
4. I am PRAYING that Blend Retreat 2013 is at the end of May, NOT during my finals (like it was this year) and NOT the weekend of my law school graduation! I’m afraid the odds aren’t in my favor… But I so want to go!!!
5. I LOVE the Roasterie! It’s a coffee place I’ve mentioned a few times before when I’m in KC, but I love the atmosphere, they have ALMOND MILK so I can order any drink I want (aka not just tea…), and I just realized it’s only a mile walk from my house! I don’t even need to borrow someone’s car to go and read!
6. I totally forgot to mention that Girls Night Out at the Blue Bird Bistro was actually also a blogger meet up! One of the daughters in attendance was the lovely Bailey, who blogs over at Fit Philanthropist and who just got an awesome promotion!!! She kinda rocks. Oh and she met Tim Gunn. In an adorable dress. Go check it out.
7. Chelsey, I found the solution to our (okay my…) sushi-eating issues. Chopsticks that double as a fork and spoon. We know I need the help…
8. Has anyone bought Bob’s new book The Skinny Rules? I’m really tempted because I LOVE Bob and I’d love to see what he has to say! The only problem is books are sooooo expensive! I went to the bookstore yesterday and chose my book because it was under $10! Every other book I wanted (including Insurgent) was $17! I just couldn’t spend that on something I was going to finish in a day!
9. So, so very true. No one is perfect, but we all do the best we can!
Do you buy many books? Do you have a favorite coffee place to read them?
Anyone else frustrated with eating sushi in public? It’s hard to bite it in half and eating it whole is too much!