WIAW–Working in a Workplace

June 20, 2012 by Katie

Hey everyone! I hope you all are having a good week so far! I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of your wonderful comments on my post yesterday. I really appreciate your support and hearing your stories, it definitely made my day much brighter!

Haha do you enjoy my new meaning for WIAW? Working in a workplace? So creative, I know… If you are new to WIAW, head over to Jen’s blog, Peas and Crayons, where she hosts the whole event!

Peas and Crayons

Today’s WIAW is food from yesterday, Tuesday! I woke up bright and early and headed to the gym to run 3 miles and then do a quick 15 minute upper-body circuit that I hope to share with you all soon!

When I got back I knew exactly what I wanted for breakfast, I’d been craving it for a while: Apple Pie Oats! So ridiculously delicious. I’m pretty sure I had this 7 days in a row when I was home in Kansas City.

I headed off to work and after a few hours it was time for lunch! I’d made some tuna salad with 1 can of tuna, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, some dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp tumeric and 1/4 tsp curry. I put it on top of a bed of spinach and added some cherry tomatoes!

I had a doctors appointment that afternoon so I got to head out early (!!!!!). I had half this bar since I wasn’t too hungry, but knew I would be starving if I didn’t eat anything.

photo

By the time I got home, I was definitely ready for dinner! I ate at 5:30. I’m a grandma.

I made a green smoothie, some pb2, and a sweet potato.

I was craving something creamy after dinner, so I had some Siggi’s strawberry yogurt. I love this stuff! They have a ton of great flavors!

A little later I was feeling some dessert, but I was craving fruit, so I had the second half of the apple from my oats that morning, and the rest of my blueberries. Of course while watching the Bachelorette on Hulu.

I ate them with almond butter – look! The jar is almost ready for some oats in a jar!!!! Does anyone else notice that TJ’s almond butter gets really hard at the end? Even when I store it upside down!

What’s your favorite brand of snack bar or yogurt?

If you could invent a dream oatmeal recipe, what would it be?!

I’m torn between s’mores and calzone… mostly because I’ve been craving a calzone for about 3 days. Now that’s a savory oat recipe for you.

1. Looks like some yummy eats! My dream oatmeal is just oatmeal with peanut butter, some blueberries, and maybe a few pieces of chocolate thrown in there!

2. My almond butter from TJ’s does the same thing. TO remedy that, right when I open the jar, I empty it out into a big bowl and stir it really well and then put it back in the jar.

3. i notice that with almond butter too! if you have warm overnight oats in a jar the problem is solved though!

4. That happens to my almond butter from TJs too..not sure why, but it just makes it more fun to dig for at the end lol. I still have yet to try PB2….but I love the sweet potato/peanut butter combo!

5. I loveeeee Chobani! My favorite oatmeal would be mixed with chocolate fro yo, pb2, bananas, and granola! wouldn’t that be perfect? (:

6. I don’t know about my dream oatmeal recipe, but lately I’ve been eating mine with a scoop of cookie butter and cocoa almond butter. Heavenly!

7. Lately tuna has been my go to as well, it is great protein for really cheap.

8. I love oatmeal! I may have to stray from my same day combo and try out that one because it looks delicious!

9. Meg says:

HAHA calzone oatmeal! LOVE IT! I honestly LOVE any cheesecake type of oatmeal and that has already been invented ;)

10. I definitely need to try those apple pie oats, they look delicious! My favorite yogurt right now is apple cinnamon Chobani…seriously tastes like apple pie!

11. i’m a huge fan of chobani greek yogurt, and i love larabars and luna bars!

12. Yep, my jar gets hard at the bottom too!

I love Greek yogurt, and I really enjoy a good snack of nuts, choc chips, and dried cranberries. Have fun at work today :)

13. Courtney says:

I love the taste of ThinkThin bars, but I don’t like the name and how they melt so easily :/

14. I have been craving tons of fruit lately, too! I think I could live off all of the berries that are in season during the summer!

15. Umm a S’Mores Oatmeal sounds delish!! Especially during the summer! Good thinkin’ girl!

16. I love Oikos vanilla greek yogurt, and the vanilla and cream yogurt from Trader Joe’s :) Definitely going to try making your apple pie oatmeal!

17. mmmm everything looks so good!!
    my favorite brand of bar is probably luna bars.. and i love fage plain greek yogurt and chobani flavored greek yogurt!

18. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oats! I’m a mission to create them now that I’m done with work for the summer. :)

19. Corrie Anne says:

I like the idea of curry with quinoa! Sounds good! Fage is my fave yogurt!

20. Andi says:

My dream oatmeal???? Seriously, I don’t think I have met an oat(meal) that I didn’t like. They are all my dream. :)

21. Anna Lynn says:

I’m not a big snack bar person. I only keep a few on hand for emergencies, but I LOVE plain Greek yogurt and making my own creations….they get a little insane.

My dream oatmeal is either apple & peanut butter or PB&J. I’ve tried both but I can never seem to make the peanut butter taste come through as much as I’d like because I like creamier, thinner oatmeal and add unsweetened almond milk so it gets diluted. Maybe overnight oats would work better?

• Oooo I’d love to hear about some of these yogurt creations! I STILL have not tried PB&J oatmeal, I rarely have preserves or jam, so I never think to make it! On Hungry Hungry Hippie, Elise just adds preserves and pb to the top of the oats once they’re cooked and served in a bowl and mixes it in.

• Anna Lynn says:

My favorite yogurt creations:

Half a chopped apple tossed in cinnamon and maple syrup, a few raisins, and a half a cup of whatever cereal I’m feeling.

Half a chopped peach/nectarine, a sprinkle of muesli, and a dash of cinnamon.

Frozen berries (let this one sit a few minutes and the berries get nice and juicy!), sliced almonds, and a sprinkle of granola.

Mango and plain yogurt together is DIVINE!!!

I’ll have to try the PB&J oats that way!

22. I love Fage Greek yogurt or chobani and think thin bars…they are the best!

23. Kailey says:

I am a huge fan of LARABAR, Snickers Marathon, PURE Bars & Clif Bars.

You know what yogurt I love? Anderson’s greek yogurt – and I can only find it in Kansas City! I just got here today and bought some, and I’ll probably have to get more to take home with me :-)

I’m just catching up with blogs over the past few days, and I so love your last post. I’ve been debating about something very “real” lately and have been a little nervous to do it, but I think I might go for it. You’re inspiring :-)

25. I’ve been enjoying the Two Degrees bars and Siggi’s yogurt as well…I’m a fan! And all my nut butters get dry near the bottom :(

26. Oats is my everyday breakfast and I LOVE trying new recipes. I am going to give your apple pie oats bash :) I love my oats with banana, berries and soy milk. Delish combo as well!

27. Fage is my favorite, but Siggi’s is so good! Soooo expensive, though (over $2 for one cup? Seriously??) As for bars, I can’t even choose a favorite! I love bars! Two Degrees aren’t my favorite, though, I prefer Luna Protein, 2:1, Quest, 9Bar, ThinkThin, and Jocolat bars :)