July 2, 2012 by Katie
Happy Monday everyone!
This Monday is a super easy one for me, I’m going on a field trip!!!! A lawyer in my office is taking the interns up to a really cool place in Wisconsin that’s very important to him and his family, and to the study of the environment! Sounds lame, I know, but I swear it’s not. We’re going to mostly be doing a bit of hiking and swimming in the river! I’m pretty excited about it!
Monday is also great this week because it’s the week of the 4th! Which means no work for me on Wednesday! I’m not going anywhere for the holiday this year, so I’m not taking extra days off, but I’m already getting two off this week, so I’m pretty okay with that!
Yesterday I got a great surprise! Apparently they’d sent this to me a while earlier, but my building manager had grabbed it for me (I’d mentioned to him I’d had several packages stolen) and had just remembered to drop it off when I called him about something else. Anyway, it was a package from Naturebox!
Naturebox is a company where you can sign up for them to send you a box of new, healthy snack foods every month. And what’s even better is that for every box they send out, they donate a meal to feed hungry children! How awesome is that?
They’d sent me some tamari almonds before, but those have wheat and soy so they sent me a new snack to try, dried pear slices!
I immediately ripped the bag open and tried one – they were delicious! They had kid of a leathery texture and a great pear taste, I’m a big fan!
And some great nutrients too! I was happy to see that they have iron in them, I’m low in iron and always looking for new sources!
Thank you, Naturebox!
Last week, I was nominated by Live Laugh Food for both the Versatile Blogger Award, and the One Lovely Blog Award! So sweet! Since I already did the Versatile Blogger Award a couple weeks ago, I decided to just go ahead with the One Lovely Blog Award.
After being nominated, I’m supposed to give you all 7 facts about myself! Haha I’m having a hard time coming up with more facts! Here are 7 that I think may be new to you all:
1) I started thinking about it the other day, and I could literally write down the first and last name of every single person in my graduating class, there were 96 of us! Except one girl, I CANNOT remember her last name and it’s driving me crazy… It starts with an S…
2) The summer after my senior year of high school I worked in a research library with a friend of mine moving books out of the old building so they could be placed in the new building. Keeping them in order… Don’t be jealous. We clearly, however, were very unsupervised and used this advantage to take random photos…
3) The first concert I ever went to was The Fray my freshman year of college. Seriously. I am so jealous of the people who went to see Brittney/Backstreet Boys/NSYNC/Spice Girls, etc. when we were younger. How was I not there?
4) Speaking of concerts, have you ever been to an ABBA Cover Concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater? I have. Twice. And once I have a real job, my friend and I plan to go as much as possible for the rest of our lives. Or until people stop putting on ABBA Cover Concerts.
5) My first ever “race” was the Susan G. Komen 5K in Charleston during my Junior year of college. And to think, I couldn’t fathom running 3.1 miles at the time (we walked it), and now I’m training for a marathon. WHO AM I!?!??
6) I once used my friend’s ID to get into a club I was TOO OLD for. We had to know what a 17 and under club was like and I was the only one not too chicken to go for it. Don’t worry, I totally fooled them… Aaaaand apparently had no eyes… great photo.
7) I love cake so much that I went cake-testing for my sister-in-law. She wasn’t there… My mom and I went to “make sure” the cake lady was good enough before Lauren went a few months later. So kind of us. It was quite an inconvenience.
Haha so I guess these weren’t so much facts but stories! Oh well. Can you tell I got my inspiration from looking through old facebook photos?! Yep. Went there.
Now I’m supposed to nominate 15 people! Buuuuuut, I don’t think that’s enough. I’m going to break the rules and nominate hundreds! ALL OF YOU! Share 1 (or 7!) fun facts about yourself! I love hearing more about my readers, so please, share!
What’s a fun fact about you?
Reminder If you’re a Chicago-Area blogger, we’d love you to join our facebook group!