July 19, 2012 by Katie
Hey everyone!!! How has your week been? Mine’s been alright, I had that boat cruise which ended up with me being in the sun waaaaay too long and then walking almost 2 miles (I thought it was just 1) in the heat to get back to a bus to take home. That plus my 6 mile speed run in the morning and I felt awful yesterday. I ended up going home from work early because I felt so ill! This morning I woke up to thunder and lightening… So I went back to bed. Unplanned rest day = best idea ever.
But here’s a pretty picture from our cruise:
It’s been a busy week and I’ve got a busy weekend coming up, so let’s move on to some of the random things going through my brain!
1. I got to go to Costco this weekend with my cousin Allie, and I came back with what was EXACTLY on my list, nothing more! It was an epic moment.
Almond butter, marinara sauce, frozen berries and…. Folgers! How ridiculously large is this container?!
2. I may be nervous about the half marathon this weekend, but I have something pretty awesome to distract me…
I’m MOLLY-SITTING!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, a whole weekend of THIS FACE:
I tried almond berry, which was pretty good. I prefer the texture over a lara bar.
P.S. Barberries and Bilberries?!!?!? I had to wikipedia those…
And then, I tried the Cashew flavor… OH. MY. GOSH. Go buy it. Now. Like right now. This post will be here when you get back. Go!
It was sooooo good! It was like a dessert, like a cookie/cookie dough that is cashew flavored. A cashew butter cookie (like a peanut butter cookie). I’m living off these things.
4. This happens to me WAY TOO OFTEN here in Chicago. Basically 10 times a day. Apparently not everyone is a power-walker?!?
5. I don’t think I need to explain this one:
6. Sooooo I’ve decided to hike up a mountain. Yep. This is one of those things I’m kind of scared to do, and it would be easier just to sleep in, so I’m sharing it with everyone to make it harder to back out. I’m going to hike the back side of Pike’s Peak (13 mile round trip) when I’m in Colorado Springs for 2 days in August. Everyone at HLS, expect a very sore Katie at the Friday evening cocktail party…
7. I learned how to sail in summer camp, went on three different week-long sailing trips, and taught sailing for a summer at another summer camp. Although I haven’t gone sailing in 5 years (it pains me…) I still consider myself a sailor. So when I saw these, I fell in love.
8. My thoughts are pretty much occupied with the weekend and this half marathon… so in lieu of a few more items, I have some great pinterest quotes to share:
Have you ever hiked a 14-er?! I’ll take tips!
What’s your favorite Coscto/Sam’s Club item?