Ahhhhh, it’s Thursday! Haha despite having Monday as a sick day, I seriously felt like it was Thursday all day yesterday! I couldn’t get it out of my head! Now tomorrow is going to be disappointing because I’ll have to go to work wishing it were the weekend! I’m just glad this is one of my “problems” today and not something worse! S
peaking of, I need to keep up with my thankful lists! I used to do these all the time and I haven’t in about a week – it’s a great way to start the morning! Just list off all the things you’re thankful for: from big things like family or a husband, or child, to little things like your hair looking extra amazing today.
Alright, time for some Thursday Thoughts!
1. Yes, I realize yesterday was August 1st and that I should be re-capping my July Goals and putting up new August Goals. However, Wednesday and Thursday posts are already taken up! So those goals will just have to wait until tomorrow!
2. My birthday is at the end of October. I will be accepting gifts starting tomorrow:
3. I have officially tried all the Kit’s Organic flavors. My absolute favorite is still cashew, with peanut butter making a close second! The other two, almond berry and chocolate almond coconut, are still pretty good. All around I’m a fan of these bars!
4. Can anyone guess what BIG EVENT is happening on August 5th!?!? It’s a big day! Take a guess!
5. Yesterday I had to run 7 miles at my goal pace: 9:00min/mile. It was ROUGH. The night before I knew I didn’t want to do it. I woke up and didn’t want to do it. I desperately wanted to run it on the treadmill, but I told myself to not wimp out and just head outdoors and run. It was hard. I wanted to give up. But somehow I managed to pull out the 7 miles at a 9:10 pace. Pretty proud of that one. Good thing I also had the reminder from Janae that a bad run means a good one is coming!
6. Did you read #5? It may be rough sometimes, but I love running:
7. Does anyone feel like the closer they get to the end of something, the more anxious they are for it to be over? Sometimes I feel that way with a race or run: the closer I get to the end, the harder it is to hang in mentally. Haha, well, I’m at that point with my internship. Including today there are 7 workdays left. It seems like FOREVER.
8. There is a new store in the loop in Chicago. This is going to be dangerous for my bank account.
9. Can anyone just go ahead and find my career for me? Something that I love to do every day and that fits me perfectly? I have a B.S. in Marine Biology I will (hopefully) have a law degree, I am passionate about health and nutrition and I love working with kids, especially girls between the ages of 10 and 16. Oh and I would like a very flexible schedule with little desk sitting. GO!
10. These are funny. Have a good chuckle:
What do YOU think is happening August 5th?
What makes you push through when things are rough?
Alright, you’ve had a minute, what’s my future job looking like?