Good morning! Are you all having a good weekend?! I sure am! I’m actually writing this from KANSAS CITY!!!! I’m home with my family for a couple days and I’m definitely glad to be here! I miss these people!
I also did something else very exciting yesterday (no surprise here for those of you who follow me on twitter…) I had a PDR!!!! (personal distance record).
I RAN FIFTEEN MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was pretty ridiculously pumped about it. It was actually a really good run too, I felt great (okay, my hip flexors were sore, but still) and I really enjoyed the run! I think the best part about it is that I’ve been running with the same girl for a few runs and I love chatting with her, it really makes the time fly! And the weather was fantastic, which certainly doesn’t hurt!
Another great thing? I was nominated for the Liebster award by Laurie!
The rules are simple: Tell 11 facts about yourself, answer the questions posed by person who nominated you, make up 11 questions of your own, and nominate 11 people.
Instead of giving you facts about myself, here are links to other posts where I’ve done the same thing (lol sorry but it’s family time around here):
5 Things Survey (from the first couple weeks of my blog!)
11 Things (again…)
Laurie’s Questions for me
1. What is your favorite Olympic event to watch?
Diving! I love watching them flip through the air!
2. What event would you participate in if you had unlimited talent?
Probably Gymnastics, I’ve always wished I was that strong and graceful!
3. What is your favorite quote?
Oh gosh, I don’t think I have one favorite, there are too many! Here’s a top contender though: "There are times in the lives of most of us when we would have given all the world to be as we were but yesterday, though yesterday has passed over us unappreciated and unenjoyed." – William Edward Hartpole Lecky. A reminder to appreciate every moment!
4. What is your favorite form of exercise?
5. Have you seen The Dark Knight Rises, and is it not the best movie ever? <– I really want to know if you feel this way
Haha, no I haven’t. I saw the first of the 3 and loved it but never saw the second or the newest.
6. Best movie you’ve seen recently?
I actually haven’t seen many movies recently, I don’t go often. One that sticks out in my mind (and yes, this is a bit older now) is the Kings Speech.
7. What is your favorite memory?
Oh dear, really? I honestly don’t think I could choose, I’ve really liked my life! Haha
8. What are you currently reading?
Ugh, waiting on books from the library! Runners World Magazines, if that counts!
9. If you are married, what were your wedding colors, and if you aren’t — what colors do you think they will be?
NO IDEA. Haha not one of those girls who has a dream wedding figured out. I think I’ll decide what I want when I know who I’m going to marry and when we’re getting married!
10. Favorite movie trilogy?
Lol not a trilogy but a heptalogy (looked that up) is HARRY POTTER! Can’t get better than that.
11. Favorite beverage?
Water. Yes, I’m lame.
Here are my 11 questions for those I’ve nominated:
1. How did your parents choose your first name?
2. Are you allergic to anything?
3. If you had to live in another country, which one would it be?
4. What’s the best frozen yogurt place you’ve ever been to?
5. What was your first pet?
6. If you were me (Katie) what would you choose as a career/job?
7. What would your patronus be? (for you non-harry potter fans, animal spirit)
8. If you had to choose between chocolate, vanilla or strawberry ice cream/milk shake, which would you pick?
9. What should I get Neville (my goldfish) for his 2nd birthday?
10. Where do you think would be a fun place to retire to?
11. What color are your nails right now?
People I nominate:
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries
Chelsey @ Clean Eating Chelsey
Molly @ Heart, Sole & Cereal
Bailey @ Fit Philanthropist
Alex @ The Run Within
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions
Come on, answer some of these questions!!! Haha I’d love to hear!