Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great weekend!!!
I know many of you were curious how my run went yesterday…
IT WAS AWESOME!!!! (this was me, post shower and still on a runner’s high! PS I love runners high, my cousin and I went to Trader Joe’s after the run to grab a few things and I couldn’t not stop laughing. It was fantastic.)
Anyway, I was worried about the weather because it was 80% humidity with rain. Rain didn’t bother me, but humidity didn’t sound good. Luckily the rain brought clouds and although it was humid it was a million times better than direct sunlight! It took my group 3 hours to complete the 18 miles, and although it wasn’t easy I really did have a blast. It reminded me why I love to run so much, I felt so accomplished! I even sprinted out the last half mile, which included up and over a big hill! I cannot say enough great things about that run. I needed it, now I feel so much better about finishing 26.2 miles!
I also loved my group – several of the women around me congratulated me on my PDR! It’s so nice to run with a group because it feels like their momentum carries you on. You just keep following the person in front of you! Haha I should just stalk someone during the marathon… totally not creepy.
Well, it’s September now (although NOT FALL! haha still technically summer!!!) and that means it’s time for a re-cap of my august goals, along with some new goals for September! I actually can’t believe I have done a full year of goals posts! Here’s my very first one, back in September of 2011! Haha back before I switched my blog over… gotta love old posts.
Here’s a recap of my August Goals:
1) Keep up training while traveling. Definitely met this goal! Despite all my travels I hit every single training run! Haha although it all certainly caught up with me and I had to skip a run this past week, but no biggie!
2) Have fun at Healthy Living Summit! Haha most definitely achieved this goal! I really had an amazing time at HLS! I was sooooo thankful for my roommates, we all ended up getting along so well. I also got to meet a ton of other amazing women! Here’s a recap of my final thoughts on HLS.
3) Keep in touch with friends. I did…. not so awesome with this. I think my problem is that I just didn’t really focus on this goal, I forgot about it! I did manage to catch up with a friend in Kansas City and another in Colorado Springs, and I have been talking to a friend in Charleston more often, but I didn’t call all the people I really needed to! So… fail.
4) Start job/career searching. Ehhhhhhh. This makes me cringe inside. I didn’t really start searching but I did do some brainstorming (haha actually a lot of brainstorming with the woman I ran with on my 18 miler on Saturday!) and I’ve looked at the school site a bit. But I really need to focus on this one in the future.
And now, time for…
Unfortunately, my September goals won’t be tooooo exciting, because I’m already overwhelmed with everything on my plate. For the most part my goals are too keep on track with everything I have going on:
1) Do all my reading a day before class! This isn’t always possible, since sometimes I’ll leave my book at school so I don’t have to carry it home, meaning I’ll get there early to finish the reading. But for the most part, I am way less stressed if I get my reading done over the weekend or at least a day in advance.
2) Do a devotion every morning when I get up! I know I don’t talk much religion on here, but at the beginning of the summer I bought a devotions book and I really love reading it, I just tend to do several at once rather than one every day. I feel much calmer and more centered when I read them, so I’m going to try and do one every morning and make it a priority! Calm Katie = Less stressed Katie!
3) Be prepared for each GOTR lesson and HAVE FUN! I’m starting up GOTR coaching in ONE WEEK and I’m so excited! I want to be sure that I’m prepared each day,so I need to read the lessons the night before and go over them so I know what I’m doing when I get in front of those girls! I also want to focus on having fun with them, because that’s why we’re ALL out there!
4) GET PUMPED FOR THE MARATHON! Haha basically I just want to stay excited for this marathon, try not to get burnt out and DEFINITELY try not to get injured!
Aaaaaand that’s about it! Pretty simple goals, but very important to my life this month!
What are your goals right now?
Are you good at getting work done ahead of time?