September 13, 2012 by Katie
YAY!!!! It’s almost the weeeeeeekend!!!! Guess what happens this weekend?! MY 20 MILER! AHHH be afraid! I’m not so much afraid of the 20 miles, I’m afraid of some injury popping up! It will actually be a lot of fun, it’s called the Newton 20 Miler, put on by the Chicago Area Runners Association. I get to do it for free since I’m in their training program, but anyone can register. This way people training on their own don’t have to run 20 miles alone and they can practice for the race.
They have a whole course set up along the lakefront, we start pretty far north and then run 20 miles south. Buses pick us up at the end and take us back to the start. Lol I don’t even want to know where we end. 20 miles south on the lakefront is faaaar. I’m afraid I’ll end up in Indiana.
Anyway, it’s not the weekend yet, so on to Thursday Thoughts!
1. You know your class’s reading assignments are too long and complicated when you have to take a photo of them rather than just writing them down… Thanks, professor.
2. This is literally one of the funniest blog posts I’ve ever read. Tina mentioned it in her post Monday so I decided to read it. I love this woman and I hope I have a marriage with this kind of humor. Seriously. Read it. You will die laughing.
3. This happened way too often when I was home for the holidays last winter… (from when I went gluten free tumblr…).
4. Need some amazingly delicious and healthy meal ideas? Check out my friend Lauren’s Good Eats Pinterest board. It’s amazing. Great pinning, Lauren! (p.s. you are now famous.)
5. I ran 10 miles yesterday!!! WHAT WHAT! So far so good, I’m back on the training plan. Now everyone go knock on wood. Just in case.
6 My friend found this shot glass in Goodwill while searching for a top for her Halloween costume (yes, she plans ahead and, yes, she found an amazing sequined top). Obviously she had to get it for me because (1) I loved Vegas when we went for her 21st and (2) hello. She found a shot glass in Goodwill with my name on it. Fate.
7. There’s a cute guy across the Starbucks from me where I’m typing this right now. He’s horribly distracting. Just FYI.
8. I made this the other day and it was fantastic:
1/2 cup cottage cheese
splash of milk
1 packet stevia
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
Directions: Blend together until cottage cheese is “whipped” and everything is well mixed. About a minute. Enjoy.
9. I loved this post on weight Rachel wrote yesterday (READ IT. I know, I’m demanding today). I also loved reading the comments. What do you think about the stigma against asking people how much they weigh? Does it make us put to much emphasis or shame in the number?
10. I would like to thank the Jewish faith for my day off on Monday. Rosh Hashanah = no class for me. It also means a WHOLE day of fun with this adorable face because I am PUPPY-SITTING this weekend!!!
Omg another cute guy just walked in. WHY DON’T I LIVE IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!
How long can I call Molly a puppy? She’s over a year now. Maybe when she’s 10?
Have you ever made a recipe that you pinned?