Yay, it’s Friday! Now that I’ve finished recapping my whole Birthday week (my birthday, WIAW: last day as a 24 year-old, and Thursday Thoughts: Birthday Edition), it’s time to recognize the fact that October is behind us and it’s time to embrace the very busy month of November!
For those of you who’ve been reading for a while, you know that each month I re-cap my goals from the month before and then make new ones for the next month. These are just general guidelines that I like to make. I find it helpful to stop and assess how my life is going and write down a few changes or things I want to work on.
Since I’ve been doing this for over a year, I thought it would be interesting to look at my goals for November a year ago!
Last Year’s November Goals:
1) Make School a Higher Priority (hmm… yea still relevant)
2) Have fun with my races this month! (I had a 10 miler that was my first distance beyond a 10K!)
3) Be better about keeping up relationships with friends (I think I’ve gotten a little better about this!)
Alright, enough of that, time for this year! First, let’s recap how I did on my goals for October:
1) Start weightlifting again. CHECK! Back into weight lifting, especially now that I’m doing Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp. And I like the boot camp because it mixes up my strength training rather than me just using the same weight machines all the time…
2) Stop watching so much TV. hmmm better. Mostly because 1) I’ve run out of shows to watch and 2) things have gotten way busier with school and I’ve had no choice but to peel myself away.
3) Continue career-soul searching. I met with a career counselor in the middle of the month (we’re required to) and it was much more helpful than I anticipated. Basically it made me feel better about not knowing what to do ASAP, and about jobs that I could do that I wouldn’t NEED a law degree for, but that the degree would just put me above other applicants. Right now school is so busy that my career search is on hold.
4) Keep on top of/get a head start on school work. Meh… I think I’ve gotten better about this just because I’ve better figured out what reading I really needto do, and what classes I can just take notes in and be fine. But other than that I am incredibly overwhelmed but trying to stay calm about it and trusting that I’ll be able to get everything done without going back to the anxiety I felt my first year. Deep breaths, I’ll get it all done. Pray for me.
Alright! Now that we’ve wrapped up October, time for my new November Goals:
1) Work on my relationship with God. I know I don’t talk religion much on my blog, and I choose not to because 1) it’s something that’s newer to me in my life and 2) I don’t want to isolate any of my readers. However, it’s important to me so I wanted to add it to my goals.
I’ve been trying to read devotions in the morning, as well as praying and keeping God in my thoughts more, especially when I need to be thankful. I want to keep this up and be better about it in November because I know it will help me stay calm with everything going on.
2) Make time for new friends. I’ve been living in Chicago for 2 years and FINALLY feel like I have friends (yes that sounds sad). But I want to keep up with these girls and get to know them more, so I need to put in an effort to spend time with them even though I’m busy with school. One great opportunity? MY BIRTHDAY PARTY TOMORROW NIGHT! Be jealous. There will be dancing. And wine.
3) Do yoga. Anyone notice I’ve been injured a lot recently? Um yea, me too. I have a hard time doing it when I’m busy because I feel like I’m wasting my time. Obviously this is untrue since it’s so great for cross training and injury prevention, but I’m so ADD during a yoga workout… I haven’t done yoga in ages but I’ve decided to do my best to re-incorporate it into my workout schedule and hope to do so through Fitnessista’s Namaste November. I’m hoping it will hold me accountable…
And that’s it! I’m sticking to three this month since I’m already overwhelmed with school, half marathon training, boot camp and trying to be social. Haha, no need to overload more than that!
What are some things you want to work on?