Happy Wednesday everyone! Before we get on to WIAW, I wanted to give you all an update on my IT band problems. I got a free injury screening yesterday at Accelerated Rehab Centers. The woman who I saw could tell immediately from watching me walk and then just touching my hips what the problem was. I’ve always known that my whole body, shoulders, hips and legs, were a little “off,” meaning that one side of my body sits lower than the other. Well, she told me that because of this it’s making my right leg hit at an angle, and my left hip doesn’t rotate as it should when I walk/run. When she looked at my knee caps, you could visibly see how my right one is straight and my left one is angled. Winning.
Anyway, what does this mean? Well it means that once I get a referral from my physician for insurance purposes, I’ll be going in to see a physical therapist to try and correct some of my problems. I really don’t have much information beyond that, but she seemed to imply that I will be back to running, although I’ll see later on how this will affect my decision to do another marathon. She said the increase in mileage is really what intensified this problem. She also said that I could have foam rolled and stretched my little heart out and it wouldn’t have helped much, so I’m glad I decided to go in.
When will I start running again? I don’t know. How do I feel about it? I want to knock over every runner I see. Not a happy camper today (Tuesday). Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow? Hmm we’ll see.
So, on to What I Ate Wednesday! Haha, great transition, huh? If you’re new to WIAW, head over to Peas and Crayons to see what it’s all about!
Since I’ve done enough talking today, WIAW is going to be a bit abbreviated.
1. Post-workout snack: 1/2 banana and 1/2 Premier Protein drink
2. Breakfast from Starbucks at school: Oatmeal and nuts, plus coffee.
3. Lunch: turkey and tomato sandwich with bell pepper and sriracha.
4. Post-lunch dessert: 1/2 cup canned pumpkin with flax milk, cinnamon and pumpkin spice heated up for 1:30 in the microwave, topped with PB2 mixed with chocolate.
5. Pre-GOTR snack: repeat plus walnuts. I looooove this!
6. Munched on throughout the day: Fun sized M&Ms!
7. Dinner: spaghetti squash, 2 chicken sausages and marinara.
8. Dessert: pumpkin and pb2 with chocolate… again. 9. Evening snack: Decaf coffee w/cocoa powder and a sliced Honeycrisp apple
Anyone else obsessed with pumpkin right now?
Any favorite quotes or verses that make you feel better?