November 15, 2012 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a good week! I’m having a… stressful one. Haha very busy schedule, especially today! But once today is over I can relax… well, a little. That’s just how the end of the semester is I guess! But, enough of that because it’s time for Thursday Thoughts, a place for mindlessness!
1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!! Today is my dad’s birthday! He is probably my most loyal reader, so he seriously deserves a birthday shout out. I’m sure many of you say this about your Dads, but my Dad is pretty much amazing. He’s been nothing but supportive, encouraging, helpful and loving my entire life, so thank you for being a great Dad!
Us on a canoe trip with a father-daughter group called Indian Princesses. These trips are some of my favorite childhood memories.
2. Can we please discuss Pinterest’s new “secret boards”?!? This is the best thing since sliced bread. Now I can pin things without judgment…
3. This e-card is totally me: I’m always up for anything, as long as I get my sleep…
4. Another bit of humor, I may or may not have shared this already… but I saw it and started laughing, it is so MOLLY! You come home and she’s destroyed something and pretends it wasn’t her. She even hides if you try and show it to her…
5. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THANKSGIVING. You are going to hear me say that over and over for the next week. It’s by far my favorite holiday. Why? We get to spend the evening with my mom’s older brother’s family who we only get to see once a year, and they are an entertaining group. Lots of champagne and great conversation (plus food prepared by my cousin who went to culinary school) = best holiday ever.
6. I ran/walked 3 miles on Tuesday and only 1 mile on Wednesday. I had to stop each time because of knee pain, but let me tell you – those were the best 40 minutes of exercise all week. Running is 10x better when you haven’t been doing it, I wanted to hug the treadmill! Yes, I am a little crazy.
7. I saw this recipe for Thanksgiving Baked Apple Pie Apples. Um, apple pie inside an apple?! Yes, please.
8. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I’m making my Great Aunt Avis’s Cinnamon Rolls for Thanksgiving. I definitely miss her more at this time of year. I’m also considering making a mini gluten free batch to see how it goes, just with a normal GF baking flour mix. Thoughts? Suggestions?
What are you making for Thanksgiving?
What’s your favorite holiday?
What would you put on your Pinterest “secret board?”