January 3, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! Enjoying your short week? Tomorrow is FRIDAY! Today’s Thursday Thoughts are a little different, because I’ve got a giveaway that I’m VERY excited about at the bottom! So let’s get things started!
1. I have to clean out my room at my parents house. My mother wants to move in the next few years, so she thought now would be the best time for me to get rid of anything I wouldn’t want after they move. While doing this, I found a diary from 1995. I was 7 years old. It’s fantastic.
Hoboochy = Hibachi (a restaurant) and yes, Reiko is the correct spelling of my friend’s name. Barritt is not.
Here’s the day my first younger cousin was born, Elizabeth! Good thing she turned out cute, who knows what I would have said otherwise…
2. My IT band hasn’t improved much (I’ve maxed out at 4 miles before I have to stop) so I saw a doctor here in Kansas City. He told me, among other things, to take at least a month off of running. I’m trying to pretend I’m okay with it, but I kinda want to punch something. Maybe I should take up boxing?
3. I went to a restaurant here in Kansas City called Café Gratitude. Their food is local, organic and plant based. They had a LOT of raw food on their menu and there was so much I wanted to try. I enjoyed the food, although had an issue with their service… Hopefully it’s just because they’re new. Here’s my “I Am Nourished” live wrap:
4. My dad likes to find projects around our house. He decided the garbage smasher thing needed fixing… Enough said.
5. Okay, okay okay, I won’t torture you any longer! GIVEAWAY TIME!
Remember when I reviewed Chef Earl’s products a couple weeks ago? Well, the lovely people at Good Foods would like one of my readers to receive the same delicious snack packs that I got!
All Good Foods products are 100% all natural, with no artificial flavors or colors, no preservatives, no GMOs, and they use HPP for food safety and extended shelf life. HPP (High Pressure Processing) is an energy-saving process that uses cold water pressure to safely pasteurize food. I’d never heard of HPP but it sounds like a really interesting way to pasteurize food without using chemicals.
Good Foods sent me their new single servers, of Hot Giardiniera Hummus, Chunky Guacamole and Mild Salsa, all vegan and gluten free.
FOUR WAYS TO ENTER: **Leave a separate comment for each**
1. Leave a comment on this post about… ANYTHING!
4. Tweet the following: “I’d love to win some Single Serve Pods from @CHEFEARLS on @PeaceLoveOats! http://www.peaceloveandoats.com/2013/01/03/thursday-thoughts-giveaway/”
Open to US residents only, giveaway will end at 11:00pm central time, Jan. 7th.