Well hello there! I hope you’re all having a great weekend! I’m having a pretty relaxing one here in KC, not too much going on! I thought today I’d take the opportunity to fill you in on things going on in my life, and things that I’m loving right now!
1. PV.Body has a new promotion going on! They are offering everyone who signs up for pv.body during January their 30 Day Challenge to kick start your resolutions! (also available to all current members!).
The pv.body 30 day challenge provides you with your own personal dietitian and trainer to help you meet your fitness and health goals. Everyday, you will be given a new challenge that they can share with friends! Challenges include workouts, recipes, meal plans, group activities and more, and you can document your progress through Tweets, Insta’s or Pins with the hashtag #pv30daychallenge
To Sign up:
1. Sign up here through my link and receive 20% off: http://pvbody.com/try/peaceloveandoats
2. Take the pv.body 30 Day Challenge here to kick start your New Year resolutions and receive tons of fun prizes: http://pvbody.com/challenge
(IMPORTANT: Please note that you will not receive the discount though this link; you have to sign up through my link above to receive the 20% off.)
2. I have a LOT of new songs that I’m in love with. I kind of ignored anything but holiday music until after Christmas, so many of these might be “old” but new to me!
3. For our Chicago Blogger Book Club, we’re reading Heart Sick by Chelsea Cain. If you read and review the book by January 20th, email me the link at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the link to your review at the end of my post!
4. Coconut Oil is AWESOME! I’ve been cooking my eggs in it every morning and it makes them soooo much better! (I’ve also been doing an egg scramble instead of my regular, with either olives or avocado, salt & pepper).
5. I FINALLY picked up the book club book of the month for PB Fingers Book Club and managed to read it pretty quickly! It was somewhat long, but it totally flew by! This month’s book is called What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.
What Alice Forgot is a fictional novel about a woman named Alice, living in Sydney, Australia, who wakes up on the floor of a Spin class with no idea how she got there and who the people around her are. She’s rushed to the hospital where she realizes that it’s 2008. Her last memory is being pregnant, married and in the year 1998.
The novel follows her as she’s reintroduced to her new life, which is starkly different from the one she left. She confused as to why so many of her old relationships had fallen apart, who these three beautiful children are, who her new friends are, and how in the world she became so skinny (she never would have step foot in a gym in 1998, mind you).
I found the book very interesting and really kept my attention the whole time. I managed to finish it in two days, but that wasn’t hard since I could barely put it down! The author really keeps you guessing about several things throughout the book, like how the relationship between Alice and her husband will end up and who in the world is this “Gina” everyone keeps whispering about!
It definitely didn’t end exactly how I expected, but I liked that. I thought the ending was very realistic and happy, and I felt content when it finished. I definitely recommend What Alice Forgot if you’re looking for a new and interesting read, but nothing too intense!
What’s something you’re loving lately?
Do you cook with coconut oil?