I realize many of my readers may be new and didn’t read ALL THE SURVEYS I’ve done over the past five years (I used to do them all the time!). These are a fun way for you to know who I am behind the screen and not just the big things I share on my blog. That’s also partially why I started Thursday Thoughts, but… today is Wednesday. I found this survey on Clare’s blog and thought it would be fun to give it a go! Aaaaaand now I have this song stuck in my head…
Getting To Know Me Survey
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Whoa, starting this off with a big one, aren’t we? Complete honesty? Dogs. Haha, but beyond that, I think what brings me joy is the same as so many other people: genuine human connection.
2. What are your vices? I actually googled the word “vice” to make sure this wasn’t just referring to things like alcohol, drugs, and food… Just FYI, a vice (n.) is immoral or wicked behavior. I’m not really sure I do anything “wicked…” but perhaps immoral. Jealousy? This question is just getting weird…
3. What is on your nightstand? Chapstick, water, two hair ties, and my kindle!
4. Do you have a secret talent? I can do The Cup Song from Pitch Perfect!
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Probably books. Although I do have Kindle Unlimited and I read free books on there a LOT, books are not something I hesitate to spend money on.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Moving somewhere new alone or traveling alone! You get to know yourself really well and become confident in many new ways.
7. What makes you laugh? I make myself laugh. All. Day. Long.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? Older blog readers know this, but just about anyone I’ve met in the past two years doesn’t know I studied marine biology and then went to law school (still a licensed attorney in IL!).
9. What is on your bucket list? There are a lot of things I would love to do someday, like traveling certain places, riding in a hot air balloon, skydiving, etc. The one I have been working on for YEARS is traveling to all 50 states! And no, airports don’t count!
10. What is on your feet right now? Nothing! I walk around the house (and even go outside) with bare feet most of the time.
11. How did you make your first dollar? Hmm, well I probably made a dollar from lemonade stands when I was a kid but beyond that, I did a lot of babysitting when I was in High School!
12. What superstition do you believe in? I knock on wood all the time, but I don’t honestly believe it makes a difference. More of a “can’t hurt” and out-of-habit kind of thing.
13.What items in your closet do you wear the most? Norts. Every day, all day. It’s like being back in school again 😀 I live my life in these shorts.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? It’s not a gift in the traditional sense, but I’d say my parents helping me out through law school, after law school, and now letting me stay in their home. Good people.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? I definitely don’t have one right now but in general, I actually don’t keep alcohol in my apartment because I don’t drink it often by myself. If I know I’ll need alcohol for something coming up, I’ll buy it then.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? Again, not my kitchen counter, but there are a few decorative items, a NutriBullet, a Keurig, a toaster oven, soap, lotion, a bowl of apples, and a random tablespoon sitting out that I need to clean and put away.
17.What would you never leave home without? Definitely my cell phone and other than that probably sunglasses! Of course, if I’m driving I’ll have keys and my water bottle, but if I’m off for a walk then I’ll leave those behind!
What would you never leave home without?
What’s on your bucket list?
What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you?