‘Thursday Thoughts’ Category
May 16, 2013 by Katie
HEY! Popping in real quick before I head to Starbucks to work on this final!
1. I forgot to post this picture back when I took it in March, but I figure it’s just as amusing now. This was on the news when I was in Kansas City. Not just on the news, but this was labeled BREAKING NEWS in Kansas City. Good job, KC, good job.
Category Thursday Thoughts | Tags:
May 9, 2013 by Katie
My brain right now: alskdfjpas8yg98w3rtqwkjfnash;odivaos[hwo3hrkwjdfnas;odvi0wehownfas;divh08y0yas d s[89[83 woiedf 082y3[08ry[23.
1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Why did I take so many classes with finals my last semester of law school? I have friends with NO finals and I have four and paper. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
2. You have probably seen this elsewhere in the blogosphere, but Under Armor ihas a great campaign called What’s Beautiful. Their concept is to redefine the female athlete and want to help you set and achieve a personal goal. Anyone can sign up and join in! We’ve created teams to help encourage one another and although most teams are based on physical goals (such as PRing a 5K), you can also have emotional based goals as well. I’ve created a team based on my post last week about being yourself and loving yourself without caring what other people think of you…
May 2, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a good week! Mine is good but busy, lots of classes, work to be done and appointments. I have to be honest, I’m getting nervous about finals starting next week! I think I’m mostly nervous about my motivation to study very much… Number one goal: PASS. Ah stressing me out, okay, let’s move on to Thursday Thoughts so I can stop thinking about finals…
1. Thank you for all your comments on my post Tuesday. I saw a lot of you could relate and many of you found it helpful. I’ve certainly found it helpful, even just over the past week!
2. This picture was included in my One Word Wednesday post yesterday, but I had to add a few more words. THESE ARE SO GOOD. We all know I’m a fan of Quest Bars but I’m so excited that I finally got to try the cookie dough flavor everyone has been raving about!
Category Thursday Thoughts | Tags:
April 25, 2013 by Katie
Gooooood morning everyone! I hope you’re all having a great week! I can’t believe how quickly things are moving for me, after today I only have 1 week of classes left! That’s 3 weeks to graduation (and 3 weeks to the beginning of Bar exam prep…). Hopefully it will be August 1st before I know it! Aaaanyway, now that my time tangent is over, how about we get on to this week’s Thursday Thoughts?
1. Jealous much? A few of us saw a deal (living social, groupon, something?) for two of these shirts for like half off. I can’t remember, I was too excited. Everyone else opted to split the deal and each get 1 shirt. I refused to share and ordered two. Yep. The dinosaur t-shirt is by far my favorite and I die laughing when I wear it. Don’t worry, I’ve only worn it to book club and in my apartment so far…
Category Thursday Thoughts | Tags:
April 18, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you are all having good weeks, and remember the weekend is already here! I loved your comments on my What I (didn’t) Eat Wednesday post yesterday (yes, there are some grammar issues in that title). It was interesting to hear your perspectives! Today, however, is Thursday and you know what that means: THURSDAY THOUGHTS! I love Thursday Thoughts. Can you tell? Let’s get to it…
1. Is this not the best computer background ever? Trust me, it is.
2. Speaking of Molly, she is my brother’s TSA agent for packages. She must sniff every single bag/package/person that walks into their apartment. So far she has a perfect record….
April 11, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! It’s THURSDAY! Aka basically my Friday, so I’m a happy camper! Although I plan to spend my entire Friday getting as much school work done as possible… so that’s fun. Not. Anyway, let’s get on to this week’s Thursday Thoughts so I can distract you all for another 5 minutes until the weekend comes!
1. Did I mention that LAST Thursday I had the pleasure of trying out Taco Joint (the newer one on Ontario for you Chicagoans) with Lindsay and Kelsey? Um it was amazing, and even more amazing since I got to hang out with those two. I may have completely lost my voice by the end of the evening. It was also intuitive eating in full force and I loved every minute (and margarita) of it.
2. Soooo IT band pain is back, as is hip pain, although now my left hip hurts instead of my right… really??? It’s like they just keep swapping injuries. Thanks legs and hips.
3. I have a super busy Saturday coming up. I’ve got the …
April 4, 2013 by Katie
I hope you’re all having a good Thursday! Not much to report here after a long day of classes, so let’s just get right into this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. Remember how I said I’m on Team Pretty Muddy? Well I’ve finally registered for their race in Chicago this coming September!! I’m so excited to be participating and hope that any fellow Chicagoans join me and my fellow bloggers! And for those of you not in Chicago, they have race locations in seven different states!
2. So, a long time ago I went to a Grub With Us dinner with Chelsey at Karyn’s On Green, and there was a dish with these amazing mushrooms, but I never knew the name. I was trying to describe them to Kelsey this weekend and then the next day I found them in Whole Foods! I forgot to email this picture to her, so I thought,..
March 28, 2013 by Katie
I hope you all are having a great week, don’t worry, we’re getting closer to the weekend! My week has been quite interesting, with getting to meet Michelle for the first time and a few school events, it’s been busy! Good thing my morning class on Monday and Wednesday was cancelled, it definitely made coming back from spring break a lot easier.
Since today is Thursday, it’s time for another round of Thursday Thoughts!
1. One of the reasons I was so excited to go to Colorado was that I could finally find Love Grown Hot Oats in stores!!! I found them at Whole Foods and brought one home! I haven’t tried it yet, but I will let you know when I do!
2. When I was in Colorado Springs, I had this EVERY MORNING for breakfast. Recipe to come soon… Let’s just say Oat Bran was most definitely involved…
March 21, 2013 by Katie
Goooood Morning (or afternoon/evening?).
I hope you’re all having a good week! I’m enjoying my time here in Colorado Springs, I’ll be here until Sunday morning! Trying to relax, but I like to “maximize” my time… I need to learn to just be lazy. Perhaps today? We’ll see. Anyway, it’s Thursday, which means it’s time for another installment of Thursday Thoughts!
1. On our road trip Monday from Kansas City to Colorado Springs, my mother put her iTunes on shuffle… I’m sure you’re not surprised that my headphones went in after too many hours of this:
2. Aaaaaand I’ve already finished the book for Julie’s book club! I am on a ROLL! I should have packed more books with me…
March 14, 2013 by Katie
Hola Chicas! (and chicos?) I hope you’re all having a good week! I am PUMPED because I have 1 class between me and SPRING BREAK! How am I kicking off my spring break? A KICKBOXING CLASS with the fabulous Kelsey! Please, try not to be too jealous. I’m so excited.
Since I’m busy containing my excitement (and packing…), we’ll get on to this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. Guys. I have a problem. An addiction. I cannot stop listening to this song:
It just makes me want to move. See what time I was listening to it? 6:04am. Yep. All day long.
2. Pretty sure the Trader Joe’s employees thought I was crazy for stopping, backing up, and then taking a picture of this sign, but I had to share. Trader Joe’s has taken things to a whole new level: