1. Happy Thursday! I hope you’ve all been having a good week! Mine’s been… hot. There is no AC at work and no AC in my apartment and it’s been in the mid to high 90’s for what feels like forever. I am cooking from the inside out. I am not a fan (pun not intended).
2. Last Thursday, however, we had the perfect evening for a night at Red Rocks! For those of you who aren’t familiar, Red Rocks is an outdoor amphitheater just outside of Denver that is built into… you guessed it: red rocks! It’s gorgeous and such a fun place for a concert. Maddie and I have been going to ABBA every few years here since we were in college and will keep going as long as the show continues!
4. Friday I spent most of the day lounging around, running errands and recovering from ABBA but Saturday it was back on! I was invited to a bridal shower for my friend, Alex, and it was so nice to see her and meet her friends who live here in Colorado! Alex and I met through our small group in Chicago, but she is originally from Denver!
5. After Alex’s shower, I headed up to the Boulder area to see my niece! My mom is in Colorado right now so she was there visiting and I just HAD to come too! My niece is just over 14 months now, walking, loving her swim lessons, and just the cutest thing ever! I’d show you a photo… but they don’t want her picture all over the internet. I know, so obnoxious 😉
6. THEN I headed down to Colorado Springs! Haha, busy day. I had dinner at home with my mom and then the next morning spent some time outdoors (it was SO NICE OUT THERE) and had a delicious egg/bacon/GF pancake breakfast at our favorite place. Sadly after that, it was time to head back to the real world…
7. In case you were just DYING to know, I think I’ve decided against the Chuck Taylors for now (again…) because I need to get a new pair of REAL running shoes! Mine are about to bite the dust. Where do you get your running shoes? Any good discount ideas?
How are you enjoying your summer weather so far?
What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?