1. This has been driving me crazy, I don’t know why I haven’t asked before. Why is the “&” symbol so popular right now?? Does it symbolize something other than “and?” I DON’T GET IT.
2. Guess what I’m doing tonight? Flying to COLORADO to see my family!!!!! I’m SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED I CANNOT HANDLE IT! I get to go hiking with my BFF who lives in Denver, see EVERYONE in my immediate family at the same place at the same time (it’s been a while…) and hang out with Molly!
3. For those of you who don’t know Molly 😉
4. This is my new favorite song:
5. This made me smile
6. It was 58 degrees when I left for work yesterday… on July 1st. p.s. if you want to follow me on Snapchat it’s kdubjd. I warn you… my life isn’t that exciting
7. I really do think I’m incredibly amusing. Probably because I spend a majority of my time alone, so I have to laugh at myself. As long as I don’t start engaging in conversations…
1. Well hello there! This past weekend I drove down to Peoria with Anna (my coach sponsor/friend/redhead twin) to share Shakeo and to run the Steamboat Classic! And guess what? I RAN IT! Haha, after 7 months without running (minus a random 1.5 miler in there) I actually ran all 4 miles in 37 minutes! I guess those at home workouts are good for something 😉
2. While at Anna’s house we looked through a magazine that is very similar to SkyMall, however this one item caught our eye. It wasn’t the fact that it exists (because I would totally find this entertaining) but it’s the description. It is flawless. Amazing. Serious kudos to their copywriter.
My favorite sentence: “Flies caught within the spread pattern are bludgeoned into an inert yet intact state without the unsightly splatter resulting from the use of primitive swatting cudgels.”
3. Just an FYI I’m running a 21 Day Fix group in July (it’s on sale this month) so if you’re interested leave a comment or shoot me a message!
4. Omg, how fantastic is this? I could have used these floatings during float trips back in college! Okay, so I went on one float trip… but still, this is genius! Haha and adorable.
5. I’m pretty sure that Molly thinks Colorado is heaven. Pure heaven. I will be there in one week!!!
6. I have ZERO PLANS this weekend! Okay except laundry, cleaning, pulling my life back together after a busy week, lots of writing for all these ideas in my head that I never have time to put to paper…
7. This made me laugh. And it’s so true. Unless you’re me and you drink crazy amounts of water all day…
8. Have a great Thursday! (I’m totally the flamingo)
What is your favorite state? (I think we know Molly’s…)
Have you ever bought something from SkyMall? What would you get if you could?
1. This is how my brain works. My small group leader asked us to pick a “theme” for a get together we’re doing, for example: relationships, pain and suffering, or prayer. Here was my response:
2. Guess what! I am running a 4 mile race this weekend!!! I know, I haven’t mentioned training at all. That’s because I’ve run 1.5 miles since… November? Hmm. This will be fun.
3. Monday night I was supposed to make pizza and eat it on Julie’s roof with her and her little brother who is visiting! But then there were tornadoes and pouring rain… so that didn’t happen. I did, however, get soaked to the bone.
4. We made up for it on Tuesday with a walk around Chicago and lunch at a fancy outdoor cafe…
5. You may have heard of the 21 Day Fix (I wrote about it here and here) but it is on SALE this month (epic – seriously) and I’m thinking of doing at 21 Day Fix group in July where everyone does the program together. Thoughts? Would anyone be interested?
6. I’m not a hockey fan so I wasn’t into the Stanley Cup this year, BUT I did enjoy getting a free iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts after they won Go Blackhawks!
7. Anyone else watching Orange Is The New Black? I basically stopped watching TV for months and then this comes back and I’m hooked! Good thing I’m almost through the season so I can go back to reading… haha.
8. Have a great Thursday!
What is the weirdest themed party you’ve been to or heard of?
1. I’M AN AUNT!!!!! Okay, technically I’m not… but basically I am. My “twin” from my sorority, Amy Lee, had her baby BOY last night!!! I’m so proud of her – she was so calm (haha at least yesterday afternoon when I talked to her) and looked SO HAPPY with her little boy! Such a blessing and I’m so excited to see her as a mom!
2. P.S. did anyone note the date on the above photo? That’s my last night in Charleston – FIVE YEARS AGO. How was that FIVE YEARS AGO????
3. Seeing as we don’t really have “spring” in Chicago, I’ve come to notice spring happens in late May/Early June. Rain, rain go away… and take the cold with you!
4. Speaking of spring, I have some PLANTS!!! Ignore the Shakeo… I have a basil plant and some type of succulent that looks like it will flower! Haha from Trader Joe’s. Let’s all hope I keep them alive…
5. Definitely having a rough week this week. So many GOOD things and good moments, but at the same time dealing with some BIG stuff. Things like being disappointed in myself, negative feedback, life not going how I PLANNED (geez…), big decisions… Lots of prayers.
6. One of the good things? Trying out CIZE!!! It’s Shaun T’s new dance workout program and with Beachbody On Demand I got to try out one of the workouts! It wasn’t as hard to learn the moves as I thought and was so fun!
7. I FINALLY updated my iPhone… I guess yesterday was the last straw. I got tired of seeing the alien face instead of whatever someone was trying to send me. You know what I DON’T like? THERE ARE NO RED HEADS. How am I supposed to make emoticons that look like me and half the people I know (okay, a few, but important people!) if there are no red-haired emoticon people??!?!?!?
8. Have a great Thursday!
Are you an aunt? (or uncle!)
Do you like to dance? (dancing well is irrelevant…)
1. HAPPY THURSDAY! Thursday = almost Friday = almost the weekend, therefore, Thursday = Almost the WEEKEND! Haha pure math there for ya!
2. Benny Boo boo booo boo booo! Haha I had a GREAT weekend because I got to relax and finally see my friend, Sarah, who I hadn’t seen in over a month (despite the fact that we live in the same building…). And of course I got to hang out with her dog, Bennett, as well. That face.
3. Ever since I started thinking about moving to CO sometime in the future (still whirling around in my brain), I realized how EXPENSIVE moving is! And that I legitimately could NOT afford to do it unless I put things on a credit card… Soooo I’m going into super-budget/money-saving mode. Basically I could afford to pay for a U-Haul. And that’s it. Womp, womp. Working on that… #nonprofitjoblife
4. My coach/sponsor decided she’d pull together some of her coaches to do a June Inspire Joy Challenge (Inspire Joy is our team name). I’ve co-hosted groups since becoming a coach but I am SO EXCITED for this! We’re looking for women who are truly committed to bettering themselves in both health & weight loss, but in personal development as well. IT IS GOING TO BE EPIC!! Can you tell I’m excited?? Haha if you’re interested, comment or email me!
5. My college BFF/sorority twin/basically sister Amy Lee is pregnant and due VERY SOON! She’s my first friend to have a baby and I’m DYING of excitement! They don’t know the gender either, which is making this all that more exciting. Every single time she calls I immediately answer and of course she beings with, “no, I’m not in labor, just on a walk and wanted to chat…” Haha love her. Can’t wait!!
6. I may have mentioned this before but I’m doing a new Beachbody program called Body Beast – it’s a weight-lifting, muscle building program. I have trouble gaining muscle so I decided to take the opportunity to focus on that 100%. So how are the videos? Hilarious. It is so “manly-man” and has me laughing the whole time. Once I got used to that, I’m now really enjoying it and that good-sore feeling the next day knowing I worked hard!
7. Sooo remember how I posted that 2015 summer book list yesterday? Well I already read Redeeming Love since putting that list together and it was AMAZING. I could NOT STOP reading! Now I’m reading as many Francine Rivers books as I can get my hands on. I love that they are stories that I get really into and can’t put the book down, but at the same time I feel like I’m getting in the Word and learning more about my faith as well. #obsessed
8. Have a great Thursday!
Do you have friends with babies? Or your own children? Did they (or you!) wait to find out the gender?
If you could join an accountability group, what would you want to work on in your life?