With spring finally here in Chicago the world around me has woken up from our winter slumber and I’m getting excited about the summer! With that come a lot of great new experiences, Chicago really comes alive when the weather warms up. Here are some things I’m loving lately:
1. Flowers! Finally the flowers are blooming (or being planted…) in Chicago and it’s really looking like spring around here!
2. ALL THE COLORS!!! If you follow me on instagram, you know I wear black all winter. I swear I don’t do it on purpose! Anyway, now that it’s spring I love wearing bright clothing!
3. ICED COFFEE! I love iced coffee soooooo much and it’s finally (okay occasionally) warm enough to order it!
4. Lunchtime walks with Julie! My friend Julie works a block away from me and last summer we’d go on walks during our lunch breaks. Although I don’t have my designated hour anymore, I can still head out for a walk if things aren’t too crazy. Last week we walked past Pret A Manger where they were handing out free cups and ice coffee! #doublewin
5. I know, I know I won’t stop talking about Beachbody, but I’ve been using OnDemand for workouts and it’s SO COOL. Netflix for workouts – seriously. And only $40/3 months (less if you’re a coach!). I can’t wait to try hip hop abs… haha
6. POSITIVITY. I’ve always loved encouraging other people but with coaching and just my team in general I know I’m on the right path. I LOVE sharing positive or encouraging quotes and I seriously just can’t get enough right now!
7. Prayer. My small group is reading a book about Prayer by Timothy Keller and I never, ever would have picked this up on my own. I love my fiction novels, but getting through other books can be tough for me so it’s nice to have a goal of 2 chapters a week and then being able to talk about them with my group. Although I take his suggestions with a grain of salt (as you should with anyone else’s interpretation of your faith!), it’s really opened my eyes up to the importance of prayer and sharing what’s on my heart with God. Yes, He knows what you’re thinking about, but it’s taking the time to sit down and tell Him that is both reverent to God and good for you so you can express your thoughts – even to yourself!
8. My readers! I know, I know – corny! BUT my readership dropped significantly over this past year as I began to talk less about running and more about my life and my faith. What I’ve realized is that those of you that still check in are the people that support ME and my voice and aren’t just “keeping up with the Joneses,” haha not that I consider myself that special. So thank you! And comment! I love to hear from you!
What are you loving lately?