1. I keep forgetting about my Thursday Thoughts post! How hard is this? This is a clear indication of where my brain is at these days. Too many things swirling around up in there for everything.
2. I LOVED this podcast and so needed it. Definitely be open minded (she has studied more Eastern religions and ways of viewing the world) but I really needed to hear what she said. So helpful and insightful!
3. FYI I’ll be doing a Healthy Holidays Challenge and the final sign up date is Nov 23rd! Shoot me an email or leave a comment if you’re at all interested – 3 weeks (Dec 1 – 20th) of support, accountability, one on one coaching from me, Shakeology for your health, meal prep and planning tips, nutrition tips, and a world-class workout program (or you can follow your own!). I wanted to get the word out now so you have some time to ask me questions and think about it! It will be such a fun group and a way to keep your mind of taking care of YOU during a season when we tend to let ourselves go a little too much 😉
4. I went to the kids section of GAP this week with Julie and they have a whole line of Peanuts stuff! It was ADORABLE! Look at this Charlie Brown sweater!!!
5. I’ve started 3 weeks of the 21 Day Fix Extreme (on saaaaaale!) and I’m pretty sure Autumn was trying to murder me. Like 85% percent sure. Hurt so good kind of workout.
6. Did I mention that I’m going to DALLAS this weekend!? I’ll be there with my Team Inspire Joy ladies and I can’t wait to spend the weekend with them, hanging out, chatting, and learning a LOT during the conference’s workshop sessions!
7. For the past two weeks I’ve been doing Blue Apron Meals (got a deal!) and while they’re good, they’re more work than I’m used to! I’ve been enjoying the variety though!
8. Have a great Thursday!
Do you have any trips coming up?
Are you a peanuts fan?
Are you following any kind of workout program through the holidays? Do you have a fitness community?
For the past few weeks I’ve been doing a challenge put on by my own Beachbody Coach, Anna Locke. Similar to the challenge I’m running, she sends an email every MWF with something thoughtful, perhaps an action item, and then some journal prompts. Today’s email was all about fear.
She talked about how some fears are tangible, such as a fear of heights, whereas other fears are merely something that we’ve manifested in our own minds, like a fear of what others will think of you. At the end of her email the journal prompts included: “What are you afraid of? What would happen if your fears came true? What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
I took the time this morning to sit down with my journal and write out my own answers to these questions and realized I have much bigger fears than I realized. The ones I wrote down are:
Feeling like this forever (suppressed, depressed, etc.)
Not being able to get by financially (I have some big expenses coming up in my future)
Never getting married (yep, even the happily single gal)
Not making a successful Beachbody or Life Coaching business (aka failing)
When the next question came along I definitely had an internal freak out: What would happen if your fears came true? I don’t know! That would be really depressing if these fears came true! And then it struck me – I’m leaning on myself: I’m expecting myself to make it all happen, to be in control. But I’m not in control, He is.
I realize this probably wasn’t the lesson Anna was going for this morning, but it was the lesson I needed: I’m in God’s hands. God will catch me. His plan for me is so much greater than I could ever fathom, whether it’s going through something terrible or having all of these above fears dissipate. Whatever His plan for me, I need to trust Him.
This is a hard pill to swallow. The ego in me keeps screaming: but WHAT IF you run out of money?? WHAT IF you’re a total failure. I have to keep pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind. They don’t serve me. They don’t get me anywhere.
So what are you afraid of? What fears are you allowing to control your mind and your actions? What would happen if they came true? What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Take some time to really think about this – don’t ignore it just because it makes you uncomfortable. And thank you to Anna for opening my eyes today. ;*
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a good weekend, mine was pretty low key but that’s just what I needed. After Denver next weekend and 3 days in Dallas this weekend, it was good to have an “in between.” What was NOT relaxing was teaching elementary Sunday School. We usually have about 8-10 kids and ALL boys. They get a little rowdy… But they’re cute so we’ll let it slide 😉
On to this week’s Link Love – my favorite posts and articles from the week!
Happy FRI-YAY!!!! I am soooo ready for this weekend. I have been surviving this week, rather than thriving, and I am so ready to use the weekend to re-set mentally and physically. In the spirit of turning things around, I want to share all the things I’m loving lately!
1. Silk Almond Vanilla Creamer. I’ve been bringing coffee to work this past month (because I realized I could save about $55 a month doing so…) and this has been my life saver! So good! Thanks to Alisha for suggesting I try a creamer 😉
2. Makeup Primer! Although this is the specific brand I’m using now (because my friend, Maddie, gave me her samples of it), I’m just now using primer in general again and it’s soooo great. Fills in all those little wrinkles that seem to be developing under my eyes…
3. This sooooooong! Yes I listened to Hello by Adele for a week straight, but now this is my new favorite song! (if the video doesn’t work – click here).
4. All the candles. I know, I’ve always been a candle person, but recently it really helps me when I’m feeling anxious or stressed to just light a candle on my desk. I know it sounds silly but it just makes me breathe and slow down. Especially my “man smell” candle… Thank you, Sarah.
5. Running groups with morning emails! I normally would post in a Facebook group every morning with info or action items for that day, but I’ve found it’s so much more personal to send out an email to my challengers – and they’re more likely to read it rather than having to go look in the Facebook group. Don’t forget my sugar detox group is next week! I have…. ONE person signed up. Haha.
Next week I’m running a 5 Day Sugar Detox Group (anyone is welcome to join in). I’ve gotten a liiiiittle too into sugary snacks so I’m hoping this group will help me (and others!) stay accountable to cutting it out for five days and help me eat less sugar! Halloween just makes it so hard 😉 Haha.
I thought I would share with all of you some simple tips to help you control any sugar cravings you’ve been dealing with. Best to get a handle on it now before the holidays really start gearing up!
First – take a look on your packaged foods for any of the following:
Eat Whole Foods! Eating REAL foods like vegetables and fruit will fill you up since they also contain protein and fiber and won’t cause a spike in your blood sugar level.
Avoid Foods Labeled Sugar Free. Although “sugar free” foods may not contain your typical sugars, they contain fake sugars that can not only cause other health problems, but they make your brain believe it’s eating sugar, which will only make you crave more.
Drink Water. Sometimes we think we’re hungry or just can’t stop eating candy when in reality we’re thirsty! If you’re dying for some sugar, be sure to drink up and that should help to curb your craving.
Distract Yourself. Haha annoying advice, right? But I find my biggest cravings come when I’m bored. Don’t mindlessly eat sugar, and if you’re dying for some, get involved in something else and your mind will drift away from sugar as well.
Enjoy The Occasional Treat. Depriving yourself of anything with sugar may only make your cravings worse. Allow the occasional treat but don’t over-do it. Be sure to really enjoy your small treat and then move on!
If you’re interested in joining the group, shoot me an email at email@example.com!
Anyone else having trouble with too much sugar right now?