1. Back to the airport tomorrow because I’m headed to BLEND!! Blend = Blogger + Friend. The Blend Retreat is just that – a retreat, for blogger friends. This year it’s in Boulder and although some of my good friends won’t be returning, I’m looking forward to meeting a lot of new and amazing women!
2. I had a late work event on Tuesday and the views from the office building where it was held were stunning – a full look over Grant Park and Lake Michigan. This photo does it ZERO justice… should have done a panoramic!
3. This past weekend I got to go HOME TO KANSAS CITY! I couldn’t mention it on the blog since my mom reads this, but my grandparents called me last Tuesday saying they’d love me to come home and surprise my Mom for Mother’s Day (and they wanted to see me too since it had been a LONG time). So I flew home Saturday morning, surprised my mom (she was SHOCKED and cried… love you Mom), and then headed back to Chicago Sunday evening. It was a quick trip but I’m so glad I had the opportunity to spend some time with my parents and my little brother.
4. My parents actually just moved (for the first time in 31 years) and while showing me the finished product (I’d been to the new house before but with zero furniture), my dad showed me how much stuff I have left stored at their house… Thanks Dad! 😉
5. While home I also went to Yogurtini with a friend. I haven’t had froyo in… months and months and months! It was SO GOOD!
6. This week I’ve been taking a bit of an exercise break. A few slow workouts here and there but really I’ve been a lazy bum and I NEEDED it! I jumped straight from 8 weeks of Insanity Max 30 into a free week of Barre Code classes and my body was DONE! Perfect timing too since I know Blend will be an active weekend and then I start a new program Monday!
7. I have been an epic failure at book reviews, I know, I know! I’ve read several books since my last review so I’ll have to get those up ASAP!
8. Have a great Thursday!
Have you ever surprised someone?
Do you have any real life friends you met through the internet?