Posts Tagged ‘Molly’
June 19, 2014 by Katie
1. Thank you for all of your kind comments on yesterday’s post! After spending much of my life worrying too much about what everyone thinks, it’s nice to know I can just be myself and still have so many supporters.
2. Remember how I mentioned MADI Apparel a little while ago? Well if you missed it, it’s a new company that’s based on the TOMS shoes business concept: buy a pair of underwear and one pair is donated to a women’s shelter…
February 13, 2014 by Katie
Hey everyone – HAPPY THURSDAY! I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for a Thursday! Haha – I can finally watch the Bachelor tonight! And relax… Anyway, on to this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. So last night was the New Balance Fresh Foam launch party, and I was pleasantly surprised! There was a HUGE turnout, great stuff, and everyone there seemed to be having a great time. I’ll definitely blog more about it, along with my final review of their shoes, next week.
February 6, 2014 by Katie
Hey everyone, time for another round of Thursday Thoughts!
1. We’ve had a lot of snow here in Chicago, as I’m sure you’ve heard. Miss Molly (my brother’s dog – if you’re new, she shows up a lot…), is in heaven because she LOVES the snow. She would spend hours in it if she could and it’s the cutest thing to watch.
January 30, 2014 by Katie
Hey everyone, I hope you’re all having a good week so far! Not too much to report here other than a couple meetings (looking for temp work to make some $$ while I keep job hunting), small group, and a movie with a friend! (GO SEE PHILOMENA – SO GOOD!) By now I hope you all know what Thursday means around here –> Thursday Thoughts!
1. Molly has replaced me. I wrote about it before, but Molly is still obsessed with this stuffed monster! She normally destroys a toy immediately, so…
January 16, 2014 by Katie
Hey everyone, Happy Thursday! I hope you’re all having a good week and are ready for another round of Thursday Thoughts!
1. I went to World Market last week (I was actually just walking through to warm up on my way to the El) and I saw these infinity pashmina scarves (in the store they had teal, red and black), and they were only TEN DOLLARS. Obviously I bought one and you all should go buy one too. We can all match.
2. My friend from college, Amy Lee, told me one of the groomsmen from her wedding was putting together a “Bachelor Fantasy League.” Obviously I had to join. It’s beyond hilarious: we each pick three women that made it past the first night and then get points when they do things, anywhere from winning the show or being…
January 13, 2014 by Katie
Well it’s been a while since I did one of these!
Honestly, I haven’t been much in the mood to write about workouts because my IT band started bothering me again while I was at home and I have barely run at all since then. Which is super since I have a half marathon on Sunday… ha.
I’ll be writing more about my expectations for the race on Friday, but until then I’ll just let you know that my plan for now is to work on strengthening, foam rolling and not making anything worse (hopefully better), which probably means no running.
As for my actual workouts, I was really
December 30, 2013 by Katie
Well hey there! I hope you all didn’t mind, but I decided to unplug from my computer for the past week. It was a lot easier to enjoy my Christmas and my friends and family without constantly taking pictures, uploading them, editing them, writing, reading blogs, tweeting, facebooking, etc. But, I’m back and it’s time to give you a quick re-cap of my Christmas – “One Word Wednesday” style! And by “style” I mean I’ll probably add a couple extra words in here and there…
When I realized that almost all of my Christmas photos involved Molly, I figured it would only be appropriate to title this post “Molly’s Christmas.”
December 17, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! Thanks for your sweet comments about my new header – today I’m changing it a bit by adding a holiday theme. I think what I like about this plain white header is that I can add little things to fit the season if I want to!
Today I wanted to do a “Currently” survey. I’ve seen it on a few blogs, but mostly on Nicole’s blog, The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie. Since I think she’s super cool, I’m going to copy her and do the survey!
Loving: SNOW! I know it can be a pain, but for someone who doesn’t have to drive anywhere (aka dig out a car or deal with traffic) it’s mostly a blessing. I just love when it’s snowing at night and it feels like you’re in a whole different world.
December 9, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! I had a lot going on this weekend, which resulted in very little sleep. Let’s just say some napping definitely had to happen yesterday afternoon and a very early bed time. That’s the problem when you stay out late but still wake up at 5:30-6:00am and can’t fall back asleep…
Anyway, Thursday night I went out to dinner with some people from my skeeball team at a sushi restaurant nearby called Tanuki’s. It was really small but very cute and they had a lot of great looking things on the menu! Then it was off to skeeball and another loss (we’re not so great… some teams take it very seriously…) but fun with the team!
Friday was a little more low key, trying to get a bunch of stuff on my To Do list done and of course visiting Molly! Yep, she thinks she’s an ostrich.
November 11, 2013 by Katie
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend, I had a pretty low-key one, but here’s my recap:
Friday afternoon I took Miss Molly on a walk, which is always a highlight of my week. Great photo of her excitement in the elevator (okay, actually about to lick her nose…).
She had some serious energy and really enjoyed running around in the park. We played chase Katie and normally she looses interest but on Friday she was all for running!