Posts Tagged ‘pinterest’
October 24, 2013 by Katie
Hey there! I hope you’re all having a good week! You know the drill, time for this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. Yesterday morning I headed out of my apartment for the half mile walk to my gym wearing shorts and a sweatshirt, thinking it would be the same temp as the past couple mornings. No, no. Lesson learned: check weather before leaving.
October 18, 2013 by Katie
Do you ever have those times when you’re just DYING to go shopping but you don’t have any money to spare? Being a student my entire life, this happens to me quite often. Thank goodness, however, for the creation of Pinterest. Online window shopping can only do so much, but being able to pin all my favorites and keep them on a board together aaaaaalmost makes me feel like I’m shopping. Almost…
Anyway, I thought I’d share some of my favorites from my style board with you all! Some of them are reasonably priced and some of them *cough*Chanel*cough* come out of my dreams… But that’s the joy of Pinterest shopping!
October 17, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! I can’t believe it’s Thursday already… where did the time go!?! I guess tossing a Hanson Concert into your week throws things off! Nevertheless, it’s time for this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. I am SO EXCITED that I got in a six mile run this weekend. It’s been a very, very long time since I hit that distance and I hope to do one more six miler before my half marathon training plan begins in the last few days of October.
August 29, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great week! Time for another round of thursday thoughts!
1. I woke up this morning and I could barely see the buildings next to me, it was like a giant cloud had just settled down onto Lincoln Park. So weird!
2. Don’t forget that the Pretty Muddy run here in Chicago is in just over a week! If you’ve yet to sign up, check it out here! I will be there, bright and early!
August 22, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great week. I’m still out here in Colorado Springs, although I head to Denver tomorrow to spend some more time with Maddie. Can’t wait to get up there! In true Thursday fashion, I have another round of Thursday Thoughts for you all!
1. Altitude is no joke. I headed to the treadmill yesterday to run (it was just too hot out) and I about DIED. The first few miles were fine (minus the serious stomach cramping) but that last 1.5 miles were HARD. I had to convince myself to make it each half mile in exchange for a 1 minute breather before continuing on. After stretching I did this for about 15 minutes:
January 10, 2013 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great week! Today’s my last full day in Kansas City before I head off to CO and CA for a few days, and I’m so excited! I get to visit a couple good friends from high school (okay, more like preschool) and I can’t wait to see them again! There is a rodeo involved. Please, don’t be too jealous.
But enough of that, on to this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. Yesterday my mom and I went to get manicures together. I got hot pink (duh) and my mom got a little wild and got a very pale pink. Very pale. I sent the pictures to my friend and she noticed that my mom and I have the same fingers – she was right!
2. I made a recipe bucket list board on pinterest with a few recipes that I definitely want to try in the next couple of months. I figured this would be less…
November 15, 2012 by Katie
Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a good week! I’m having a… stressful one. Haha very busy schedule, especially today! But once today is over I can relax… well, a little. That’s just how the end of the semester is I guess! But, enough of that because it’s time for Thursday Thoughts, a place for mindlessness!
1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!! Today is my dad’s birthday! He is probably my most loyal reader, so he seriously deserves a birthday shout out. I’m sure many of you say this about your Dads, but my Dad is pretty much amazing. He’s been nothing but supportive, encouraging, helpful and loving my entire life, so thank you for being a great Dad!
September 13, 2012 by Katie
YAY!!!! It’s almost the weeeeeeekend!!!! Guess what happens this weekend?! MY 20 MILER! AHHH be afraid! I’m not so much afraid of the 20 miles, I’m afraid of some injury popping up! It will actually be a lot of fun, it’s called the Newton 20 Miler, put on by the Chicago Area Runners Association. I get to do it for free since I’m in their training program, but anyone can register. This way people training on their own don’t have to run 20 miles alone and they can practice for the race.
They have a whole course set up along the lakefront, we start pretty far north and then run 20 miles south. Buses pick us up at the end and take us back to the start. Lol I don’t even want to know where we end. 20 miles south on the lakefront is faaaar. I’m afraid I’ll end up in Indiana.
Anyway, it’s not the weekend yet, so on to…
July 26, 2012 by Katie
Hey everyone! Happy Thursday! I hope you are all having a good week, only two days left until the weekend! …
June 14, 2012 by Katie
Happy Thursday everyone! I’m pretty excited about today because I have a HALF DAY at work!!! Haha remember back when …