Posts Tagged ‘pinterest’
March 18, 2014 by Katie
Another one already? Yep! I saw this outfit and wanted to try to recreate it now before it starts to get warm (haha, which will be in JUNE).
If you’re curious, here are the two other editions of Pinterest Outfits Made Affordable that I’ve done:
booties, wool skirt, black top
What I like most about this outfit is its simplicity. Most of the pieces are things that most people already have in their closets. It’s simple, classic and can be worn to work (depending on your skirt length…) out at night or even to a nice brunch.
March 3, 2014 by Katie
I got a really great response from my first Pinterest Outfit Made Affordable post, so I thought I’d do it …
February 17, 2014 by Katie
We all know I’m a little obsessed with Pinterest, especially my style page. One of the things I don’t like about Pinterest, however, is that it makes me want all these things that I can’t afford.
So, I decided to take one of my favorite pinned outfits and re-create it only shopping at Old Navy, Target, H&M and Forever 21. I’ve put together options for each piece (excluding the clutch) for you all if you want to find them on your own. I also love to shop at Marshalls and TJMaxx, but those don’t have sites for their clothing since they sell whatever items are brought in and it varies store to store.
February 13, 2014 by Katie
Hey everyone – HAPPY THURSDAY! I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for a Thursday! Haha – I can finally watch the Bachelor tonight! And relax… Anyway, on to this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. So last night was the New Balance Fresh Foam launch party, and I was pleasantly surprised! There was a HUGE turnout, great stuff, and everyone there seemed to be having a great time. I’ll definitely blog more about it, along with my final review of their shoes, next week.
January 30, 2014 by Katie
Hey everyone, I hope you’re all having a good week so far! Not too much to report here other than a couple meetings (looking for temp work to make some $$ while I keep job hunting), small group, and a movie with a friend! (GO SEE PHILOMENA – SO GOOD!) By now I hope you all know what Thursday means around here –> Thursday Thoughts!
1. Molly has replaced me. I wrote about it before, but Molly is still obsessed with this stuffed monster! She normally destroys a toy immediately, so…
January 16, 2014 by Katie
Hey everyone, Happy Thursday! I hope you’re all having a good week and are ready for another round of Thursday Thoughts!
1. I went to World Market last week (I was actually just walking through to warm up on my way to the El) and I saw these infinity pashmina scarves (in the store they had teal, red and black), and they were only TEN DOLLARS. Obviously I bought one and you all should go buy one too. We can all match.
2. My friend from college, Amy Lee, told me one of the groomsmen from her wedding was putting together a “Bachelor Fantasy League.” Obviously I had to join. It’s beyond hilarious: we each pick three women that made it past the first night and then get points when they do things, anywhere from winning the show or being…
October 24, 2013 by Katie
Hey there! I hope you’re all having a good week! You know the drill, time for this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
1. Yesterday morning I headed out of my apartment for the half mile walk to my gym wearing shorts and a sweatshirt, thinking it would be the same temp as the past couple mornings. No, no. Lesson learned: check weather before leaving.
October 18, 2013 by Katie
Do you ever have those times when you’re just DYING to go shopping but you don’t have any money to spare? Being a student my entire life, this happens to me quite often. Thank goodness, however, for the creation of Pinterest. Online window shopping can only do so much, but being able to pin all my favorites and keep them on a board together aaaaaalmost makes me feel like I’m shopping. Almost…
Anyway, I thought I’d share some of my favorites from my style board with you all! Some of them are reasonably priced and some of them *cough*Chanel*cough* come out of my dreams… But that’s the joy of Pinterest shopping!