June 11, 2013
1. Be nice to people. Be extra nice when you want them to help you. Rudeness doesn’t get you anywhere.
2. Dance every day.
3. Drink plenty of water.
4. Remember that it’s not always about you; we’re all usually caught up in our own worlds and it’s easy to mistake someone else’s off-putting behavior as a reflection of their feelings toward us, when in reality they may be dealing with something we know nothing about.
5. Say “Yes” to anything involving a costume. Everything is more fun in a costume.
6. Always save time and money for the little things that make you feel better, like new clothes, a pedicure, Starbucks, etc.
7. Smile when you don’t feel like it, eventually, your mood will change too.
8. Although it can be hard to tell the difference, or hard to let go, be sure that the people in your life lift you up rather than bring you down.
9. Call your parents. Say thank you every once in a while.
10. Wash your face before bed.
11. Always take the risk. It’s better to feel silly, be disappointed or have your heart broken than regret not putting yourself out there.
12. Don’t care too much about what everyone else thinks of you. It’s your life, not theirs.
Your turn – add on! What are your rules for life?