March 11, 2014
I saw this article the other day called 52 Things and thought it would be a fun blog post and a quick way for you to get to know me a little better. I did not, however, come up with 52 things. I mean really, who would read all of those? Anyway, here are my twenty one things so you can get to know the "real me" a little bit better.
1. I sleep with my phone right by my face. I've heard this is a bad idea because of the radiation... Hmm.
2. I love meeting with people one-on-one or in very small groups, but put me in a large group together and I tend to go silent. I guess I just don't like to fight to be heard?
3. I read a lot and have ever since I can remember. I love fiction novels because I like getting lost in a story. I've never been a fan of anything non-fiction unless it's a story based on real life.
4. I rarely like to start watching new TV shows. I much prefer to watch my favorite shows over and over again. Maybe I like the comfort in it? Maybe I just know what I like? No idea, but currently I'm re-watching Americas Next Top Model seasons....
5. I hate the cold but I love snow. If only I could live in a magical world where it's warm but it still snows every once in a while.
6. I'm definitely an introvert. Some days I just don't want to talk to other people.
7. As much of an introvert as I am, I'm also great at putting myself out there on my own. I don't have a problem showing up to things by myself, whether it's a party where I already know people, or joining something like the Junior League on my own.
8. I usually play music to fall asleep. There are certain songs on my phone that I only play when I'm trying to sleep and I can't listen to them at other times because it just makes me sleepy...
9. I am such a morning person. Not only do I love being awake when everyone else is asleep and watching the sun rise, but I can get more done between 5 and 9am than all other hours of the day combined.
10. I still have my teddy bear that I got when I was 6 months old. His name is Bear Bear. Please don't be intimidated by my creativity.
11. Despite the fact that I'm not "technically" from Kansas, I feel personally insulted whenever someone makes fun of the state. There's nothing more calming and peaceful than standing in the wide open fields at night gazing at the stars around you.
12. On that note - I love living in Chicago, with all of its energy, along with fashion, culture and whatever I want right at my fingertips. However, when I envision my life long-term I feel like I belong somewhere considerably more rural. As long as there's a Whole Foods within an hour or so...
13. I'm one of those people that thinks bears and big cats are cute and cuddly and I just want to hug them. Good thing I'm not a zookeeper.
14. I've never broken a bone and I'd like to keep it that way. However, as a kid I would fantasize about breaking my left (and only my left) wrist and getting a cute cast and lots of attention in school. Come on, you know you all did too.
15. I have an irrational fear of large bodies of water. This includes deep swimming pools. You never know what's down there...
16. My friends and I had an obsession with the Brady Bunch in 8th grade. If you know who George Glass is, you will be my friend forever.
17. In my life I have played the following sports: swimming, tennis, golf, soccer, basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, ballet, field hockey and softball. I cannot claim to have been mildly talented at any of them.
18. I don't have to wear glasses. I've been to the eye-doctor once in my life, in the 4th grade, and they gave me glasses. However, the glasses gave me a headache so I stopped wearing them after a few weeks. I'm pretty sure I just misunderstood their instructions while being tested.
19. Sarcasm is my language of choice, although I’m learning to stifle it in certain situations. Apparently not everyone speaks it…
20. I absolutely love all things fashion, as well as wedding planning. I often wonder if I should have been a stylist, or a wedding planner, or anything more creative. I guess I never really considered it when I was younger.
21. One of my favorite snacks as a kid was eating Cheez-Its and grapes together (like a grape sandwich). I still think it’s delicious.
Your turn – What’s one thing about you that you want to share?